Gardening and adjusting (For Moltroub)

“When we contemplate buying something, we usually ask the price of it, then decide whether or not it is worth that much to us. But when we expend time and energy, we often just go ahead and pay.” - Ruth Stout

This quotation is not from a film but from a book about gardening, and it seems to go well with my previous post. Most of the responses I had to the previous post about emotional connections were insightful, supportive, and reminded me to be patient; things will be different, but I will continue to adjust. I will strive to be more like the second version mentioned by Ms. Stout rather than the person who decides the value of something based on its price. Regardless, I am in a better place than I had been before, and much of that has been due to the people who had been kind enough to respond, so thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you Stephen! And it’s not even my birthday​:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3: This is one of my favorite sayings she writes. My BH has to convince me my time and energy had value, and it does, to me!

2 Likes

awesome, Hi all! Hope this finds you well and improving! Happy pre Birthday Moltroub!

Thank you so much my friend! I hope you and yours are safe, well and happy! Big hugs Ron, I miss you on here

Wow, I have not heard anyone mention Ruth Stout in decades. You made my day!

1 Like

So happy to hear this made your day. I had not been familiar with Ruth Stout before Moltroub suggested I read some of her work. I had read a few of the “Nero Wolfe” mystery books her brother Rex Stout had written, but I enjoyed what I read from Ruth. I’ll probably keep pulling quotations from her books, as well as movie quotations which are applicable to recovery. I hope you are doing well, and thank you so much for writing.

1 Like