Forging ahead

“Someday, perhaps, remembering even this will be a pleasure.” - Aeneas, The Aeneid.

It’s been an interesting and mostly difficult transition over the last month. Very few things were happening at the time table I had envisioned. However, I have been able to accept that I won’t be “returning” to my old life at any point. While it’s been hard to get accustomed to “the new normal,” I’ve felt more at ease lately. I still have balance issues, some vision issues, I don’t remember dreams, and some foods still don’t taste the same, but I’ve also realized it’s going to take time. I’m still healing. Even though I’ve made a lot of progress, there’s still plenty to go. I wanted to thank all of you for your help and support along the way. I truly appreciate it. It’s not an easy adjustment, but for the first time in a long time, I’m comfortable with that.

1 Like

Stephen, You write eloquently, I wish I had half the skills you possess. As your healing progresses it will get better. Be patient and be as kind to yourself as you are to others.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly appreciate it, both as a writer and as someone who could use the support.

There’s a place down the road for people over 55 that has several classes for free or very little charge. You’ve inspired me to think hard on taking the writing class, thank you!

Happy to be an inspiration. I hope it goes well, and thank you for reaching out.

1 Like