Fmd

I am a 46 yr old female and had a ruptured brain anyuerism this past March. I had 3 surgeries but also found out that I have a diesese of the arteries called fibromuscular displaysia. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this?

I was diagnosed with FMD my neck… I was 45 when I had my rupture, almost 3 years ago…

Yes, I had to go look it up, but I was diagnosed with this as well when they did my CT. I'm 47 and my rupture was last August 2011. I also had 3 surgeries (for clipping).

You live down the road from me (well, a few hours drive). My stepfather's mother was living there before she passed. It's a beautiful area!

I was diagnosed with fmd in 2007. I had just turned 52 . Had surgery to " clean" out the carotid arteries in my neck. Had no problems after that. I was even able to quit taking blood pressure medication. Have been taking lipitor and an aspirin every day since. Had a ruptured aneurysm this past February. Also discovered an unruptured one. Had coiling done on both. My birth mother also has fmd. I am the only one in the family with aneurysms.

Thanks Myra! That is helpful information. I have been to many doctor's and no one seems to know anything about this disease. It is very frustrating!

It is aggravating. I was sent to a heart dr because I was having dizzy spells. Family dr thought it was heart related. Turns out heart is in great shape. My birth mother was diagnosed with fmd and had surgery a yr before I did. I have even had medical personnel look at me funny when I tell them I have fmd. If you type it in the search engine a lot of info will pull up. Good luck!

Yes, this is interesting. My diagnosis was sort of an aside from my SAH. My BP is usually fairly low except when they elevated it on purpose to help with the vasospasms I had. I haven't been "treated" for the FMD at all but was told it contributed to the aneurysms. I was also told that although it runs in families, it's unlikely that my brother would have it. If my mother or father have it, it is unknown to me.