Flying after aneurysm

is it safe to fly after brain aneurysm

it happened in nov 2013 going on plane feb 2014

did have ruptured aneurysm did not find rupture

Check with your doctor but, it should be ok. I had a SAH from a ruptured brain aneurysm on Dec. 31, 2012. I live in NJ and was home in OH for the holidays when it happened. I was released from the hospital on January 15, 2013 and flew home (NJ) on January 29th. Since then I have flown 2 or 3 more times. I have not had any problems at all with flying.

Hi, I would also recommend that you check with you doc, since everyone’s case can be a little different. I experienced a ruptured aneurysm with SAH in 21 months ago. My doc said it is ok for me to fly.

Hi there, should be a-okay! I had a rupture and subsequent coiling in Nov.2011 and flew, (4hr. flight) in late Jan. 2012.............and have taken quite a few flights since. In fact, in Dec. 2011 I was to go to Venezuela and asked the surgeon if it was okay to go...........I will never forget his advice..........enjoy your life and use your common sense....go and enjoy. Well, I did not end up going to Venezuela as I was feeling to unstable and weak and did not want to worry my travel mates or my family.

So, I say to you........enjoy your life and use your common sense.........

All the best

Because this just happened...you need to check with your surgeon...~ Thoughts out to you ~ Colleen

I agree with checking with your surgeon. However, I was able to fly 3 months after my clipping. If you have seen any of my previous posts, I have a medical card that states that I have the clips. This allows me to bypass the full body scanners. So, when you ask about flying, ask about the scanners as well.

Terri