Feeling Anxious

Hello
I was diagnosed with an aneurysm as part of my assessment for liver transplant, for quality of life not liver failure. I was struggling to adjust to that given how well I mostly feel and now just feel like all things health related are getting a bit too complicated for my liking. I’m due to have a coiling procedure at QE in Birmingham next Tuesday. My anxiety levels have been creeping up and I’m very grateful to have found this site and hear that my feelings are perfectly normal. I have confidence in the team caring for me but it just doesn’t stop the ‘what if’ fear factor. Thanks for listening

Hi Karen, Your feelings of anxiety are quite normal. I has a long wait from the end of Sept. last year to Dec. to have a coiling and stent procedure done. I was in the hospital over night. Everything went well. It is important to have confidence in your team. When the time for my procedure came, I was so ready to have it done.

My aneurysm is wide necked so in the future I will need more coils so I am having an MRA in June…to help the doctors decide when to do a “touch up’” on the coiling which was previously done. So far I have 21 coils! Please keep in touch. Ida

1 Like

Thank you for your comments Ida, they’re greatly appreciated. I have wonderful support around me but there is something uniquely helpful hearing from others experiencing the same or similar emotions. The polycystic kidney disease I was diagnosed with about 15 years ago is the primary cause of my difficulties, my kidney function and blood pressure is really good and the wonderful NHS take great care of me so I have lots and lots to be thankful for :blush:

1 Like

Karen, we are very happy you joined this group, welcome! I’m glad you’re getting great care from your docs. As Ida said, anxiety is normal. I once wrote down the “what if’s” and developed goals from them. Perhaps that is something you can try. I try very hard at times, to keep the negatives from over running a positive outlook. I figure if I can’t go over a hurdle, I can go around. Keep positive, life is a challenge, try to make it a fun challenge!