Dizzy after stopping Plavix and aspirin

I was instructed to stop 75mg Plavix and 325mg aspirin at my 6 mo follow up for coil and stent, with a rupture during surgery, to repair a DACA aneurysm in April. I was fine for a week but then started feeling unwell and very dizzy. It’s been a month now and hasn’t subsided yet. Curious to know has anyone else had any issues coming off these meds? Grateful for this resource, thanks :pray:t3:

Hi @Horseflys - Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues from stopping the Plavix. My 6 mo is coming up in January and my Neurosurgeon has already told me that he plan to take me off the Plavix regimen at that time, unless we proceed with a 2nd stent. However, since my PED back in July he has been checking my P2Y12 levels bi-weekly due to the Plavix working “too well”. He started decreasing the dosage from daily, to every other day then every third day, and now it is 1/2 dose every third day (sweet spot). My aspirin dosage has remained the same. My levels are now perfect and I have not experienced any adverse effects. It may be due to the slowly decreasing of my dosage, I’m not sure. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

1 Like

Thanks for your input Jammies. Best of luck with your follow up in Jan. The only info I could find was a blog site where other people have talked about symptoms after stopping abruptly and those and others, not MD’s, say to wean off slow. Most indicated when they asked their MD’s their suggestion was to just stay on it which I do not want to do.Thanks and again good luck with your Annie.

1 Like