Dizziness

So do you think this , tinnitus, is a result of your anurysum? It is something that I have not mentioned to my doctor because I thought it was just normal until it started to get worse and I noticed it more.

Gerry, a lot of folks here get it. Here’s a good read for you https://www.ucsfhealth.org/conditions/tinnitus/signs_and_symptoms.html

For you already have an ENT, I’d have them check it out but your PCP may get you in faster. Good luck and let us know what you find out, it’s one of the ways we learn here

Hi 2Fight. How are you doing? .I am still suffering from dizziness. It is became so severe that I could not leave the house.I would like to ask you you mentioned medication from dizzines. My neurosergent discharge me to neurologist which arrange appointment in January .I don’t know what to do as dizziness continously.

Hi Maya,

In order to diagnosis and treat dizziness, It is figure out what type of dizziness that you are suffering from. It can range from “lightheadedness/fainting” to “vertigo” to “off balance”. The feeling of “lightheadedness/fainting” is the feeling when you get up too quickly and you feel like you are going to faint. “Vertigo” is the feeling that you are spinning. The feeling of “off balance” is like clumsiness. In my case, I lost 40% of vestibular (inner ear) functioning in my right side so I was very imbalanced and clumsy in my first year. It made walking up stairs exhausting and challenging. But, with vestibular physical therapy, I pretty much overcame this type of dizziness. I had severe chronic vertigo with around 80 attacks a day. It is due to central vestibulopathy or brainstem vertigo. This issue involves my vision where I have double vision and nystagmus. I am currently taking medication and prism glasses. I only had only 2 cases of fainting spells. I recommend that you see an Ear, Nose , Throat prior to your visit with Neurologist. It may not be related to the Ear but they will run a battery of test to show how bad your dizziness is so you can discuss with your Neurologist. Another thing to do is stand on a foam with your hands by your side. If you are whobbling excessively, it will show imbalance. For medication, it depends your diagnosis. For myself, I am taking Gapapentin.

Hi 2 fight! Thank you for your descriptive message. Another question I have your medication is antiseizure. And as I know the side effects is dizziness. I went to neurologist and he prescribed pregabalin for nerve pain and anti stress and might possibility seizure as I have smell from my nose. I know one of the side effect of pregabalin is dizziness. I am concern as my main problem is dizziness continuous and smell fro the nose. My question is u your medication affect your dizziness. Thank you very much dear.

Hi Maya72,

For all anti-seizure medication or beta blockers (Gabapentin, Lamictal, Lyrica, Keppra, etc), it is important to step up gradually as well as step down (ween) if you are told stop taking it. (If you stop “cold turkey”, it is dangerous and you can get a chemical imbalance) With these kinds of medications, there may be side effects so I recommend that you keep a journal on how the medication is working. 1) Is it addressing the issues that you were prescribed for, 2) are there side effects? If there are side effects, let you Dr. Office know where they would give you advice. What are your issues and what is the doctor’s diagnosis? BTW, I took Lyrica for back pain. The side effect was drowsiness. I am taking Gabapenten to control my jumpy eyes (Nystagmus) which results in blurring vision as well as dizziness when I turn my head. My only side effect of Gapapentin is that it affects my night time vision so I have to take a lower dosage.