Disappointed..sort of

Well, my surgery WAS scheduled for the 18th..but, after getting there, my lab came back, and my Dr did NOT feel comfortable going ahead with the surgery..my plavix/aspirin test showed the aspirin was NOT working for me :( So, I'm back to waiting again..I should hear on the Monday from them, what they are going to prescribe me now. (sighs) kinda discouraging!!

Hey Kristen,

I'm sorry you have to wiait it out some more, yeah that has got to be a bit of a discouragement. I'm sure you'd just as soon get it done and over with ! peace to you, Janet

I am so sorry for the wait Kristin...but I am always impressed with all of your Doctors who "dot their I's and cross their T's"...I often felt this wasn't the case for me and hence so many problems during surgery...

Hang in there .. ~ Colleen

Thanks ladies. Well, things have changed. I spoke with my Dr on Tuesday, and he is recommending we go with the clipping, which is what I wanted in the first place. He told me, "I am NOT in the business to be concerned with inconveniences, but I can not keep having you drive this far on a weekly basis, merely for the test with the hopes that your blood will be fine enough for coiling. I AM in the business of keeping YOU healthy." As, we drive almost 7 hours one way, and I admit it did suck that my blood did not co-operate for surgery. But, as he stated, AFTER placing the stent is NOT the time to be trying to figure out what will keep your blood thin enough. That is when he recommended doing the clipping. We discussed things further, and I am not waiting for the surgery date. I'm ready to be done with this!!!

Hi Kristin

Good for you on getting the clipping ! Personally, I've had nothing but success regardng my two clippings, but I surely wasn't impressed with the coils (when they compacted I honestly thought, "here we go again ANOTHER aneurysm" as the pain was identical to what I remember the pain being like right before my Sah of 2006) I've experienced NO ill effects or headaches since 2010 when the coiled annie was clipped and I like the permanent fix idea too. To me, open brain surgery was well worth any risks associated in order to end the drama. Peace, Janet

Thanks Janet! I'm looking forward to being done with all this..the waiting..the traveling..the waiting, lol. I have total trust in my Dr and am very comfortable with him. I originally wanted the clip, but he and the other surgeons were concerned about the location of my annie..so we went with the coils. But, due to my blood not reacting to the attempts to thin, along with other things, he wants to clip it, so I can get on with life!! Yes!!!!

Kristin, the same thing happened to me the day of my procedure. I was already prepped (IV,etc.). The gave me a large dose of Plavix before the start of my procedure. They eventually switched me to Effient because my body was not responding to Plavix. All of this was done just before my procedure. There is a possibility that you may need to be switched to another blood thinner.

Same thing here!! IV and everything!! My body accepted the Plavix. It did NOT accept the aspirin. Which, from what I've been told is not how it usually goes. I'm comfortable with having the clipping done, as it's what I wanted in the beginning. I'm glad my Dr took into consideration the financial aspect, as well as all the arranging for my son and travel that working to find a proper blood thinner would incur. I'm glad to be moving on and getting this over with, have been dealing with it since last November!!! Thanks for the words, Valencia!