Disability Issue

I agree what Thomas said - in addition, for those who don't know, federal law puts a cap on how much a lawyer can be awarded if you win. I don't remember what it is, but it is a percentage of the arrearage of what is owed or a $ amount, whichever is larger. For instance, when I won my SSDI case, I was owed SSDI for several years. They payed part to the attorney, the rest came to me, although I think it took about 5-6 weeks to get it. I had been denied twice, then hired an attorney (actually a non-profit that only works on disability cases).

Linda Z. said:

Jennifer,

I am not on diability as my annies did not rupture.

BUT

I am a paralegal and I work in a lawfirm. I will tell you that IME's are usually done a the request of the insurance company (so how can they call them independent is always my question).

I will also tell you that you should find yourself an attorney who deals with long term issues to file the appeal on your behalf, especially if you have your doctor who will back you saying you are unable to work due to the rupture of your annie. Most appeals processes are denied in the inital stages. I truly believe insurance companies believe most people will not fight beyond that.

Also, file for Insurance too!! Chances are you will need a lawyer for that also as most SSDI claims are also denied on the first try. But I believe it is worth the fight when you truly cannot work anymore!!

Please don't just lie down and take that from the insurance company. Fight for what you are entilted to.

Either way you decide, my thoughts are with you.

Linda

Please listen to linda fight and keep on fighting. I am asking elected officials to assist me in getting my SSD they turned me down. I believe we need as a whole to fight against how people who have worked all their lives are treated once we get sick.. Here is my letter

I am a 55 year old African American female who is reaching out to elected officials who have the abilities to help not only myself, but millions of others who are in my current situation.

Before I begin I feel the need to give a brief account of my employment history.

Employment for me begin in 1975.

During those 40 years I have not recalled being unemployed for more than a year. This Information can be verified thru social security .

On March 15, 2015. I was hospitalized with what is called an aneurysm leaving the hospital no other choice but to preform a neurological coiling (endovascular embolization).

A month's stay in a hosptial called Capital health included 2 weeks of blood drainage

I applied for (SSD)in May of 2015 I was denied in October 2015.

I am seeking assistance in obtaining my social security benefits. (SSD)

I could truly understand being denied if I had not participated in paying taxes all of these years, or if my condition was questionable.

My doctors has informed S.S. Thru writings that I am not capable at this time to return to work. If all participating parties did what was required according to S.S. Rules and regulations why would ones eligibility be questioned.

Due to my inability to handle my current financial situation I was hospitalized once again in November of 2015. I have been informed that one can wait 2-4 years before being approved with SS . If the guidelines for receiving Social Security benefits was standard not wavier in it's eligibilty guidelines seeking your assistance would not be necessary.

Please take the time to look into the policies of the Social security administration.

Thanking you in advance.

cc:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact.

Http://www.house.state.pa.us/rep Kinsey

Http://www.pasen.gov//sen.kitchen

Fox 29 News