Day after surgery

It’s the day after the surgery and I’m doing great. I have a headache and sore jaw but it’s manageable. Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes. I really appreciate it!
142-image.jpg (1.18 MB)

Congrats! You look great! The headache and jaw pain will hopefully fade soon. Rest up and bask in that feeling of relief:)

That's great, Troy! Wishing you quick healing.

Awesome news, hope you can get lots of rest!
Jody

Hi Troy!

I didn't even know you were having surgery. I haven't been on here long. Anyway, this is great news!! I'm 12 days out so this is exciting. Doesn't make my anxiety/fear/panic much better but somewhere in the recesses of my mind I am comforted. Hang in there and get lots of rest like everyone says. I don't think we really have much of a choice though do we?

Hi Troy,

JKnights again, I just noticed your picture. You look amazing as if a plastic surgeon has already been there! What a doctor!!

thats great news Troy

I was a mess before hand but had the best surgeon in central Ohio! I will promise you u will be very relieved once it is done. As well as your family. Can you believe it I came home yesterday afternoon. Please keep me posted on you journey.

J Knights said:

Hi Troy!

I didn’t even know you were having surgery. I haven’t been on here long. Anyway, this is great news!! I’m 12 days out so this is exciting. Doesn’t make my anxiety/fear/panic much better but somewhere in the recesses of my mind I am comforted. Hang in there and get lots of rest like everyone says. I don’t think we really have much of a choice though do we?

Good to hear Troy!! Now make sure to get plenty of rest!

Troy! I’m so glad you sitting in your recliner getting ready for the big game Sunday. Oh wait Alabama and Auburn aren’t playing… Roll Tide in this house.

It was the battle of Ohio for me last night and my Browns to it to the Ben-gals!

Happy dance! I don’t like the Bengals new uniforms.

Nope not yet to medicated. Can’t wait to get off these things.

Barb said:

Haaaaa, glad you are back enjoying your games!! Did you have a couple of beers to go with that game Troy??? Just messing with you!

How long before you got off these God awful meds?

Kit34 said:

Congrats! You look great! The headache and jaw pain will hopefully fade soon. Rest up and bask in that feeling of relief:)

Hey Troy, I was very frustrated too with the pain meds- especially since I had to take each side with anti-nausea meds and it made me drowsy. I was on percocets for about four days, then a mix of percs and/or Tylenol for another two days. By around Day 8, I was off everything. I took one Tylenol yesterday to help me sleep, but the headache was quite mild. Try ice packs- really helped my pain.

One other thing- still mentally fatigued! I was on my computer too long yesterday (snooping on work emails of all things!) and started to get a headache. You gotta rest- not easy if you’re a bad patient like me. Take lots of walks outside- helps with the cabin fever and doesn’t fatigue the brain as much.

May take a walk today good advice. Every morning with these meds is like the worst hangover I ever had. Supposed to take two every 4 hours cut back to one yesterday and seemed to help try to cut that in half today.

Kit34 said:

One other thing- still mentally fatigued! I was on my computer too long yesterday (snooping on work emails of all things!) and started to get a headache. You gotta rest- not easy if you’re a bad patient like me. Take lots of walks outside- helps with the cabin fever and doesn’t fatigue the brain as much.

Thinking mental and physical fatigue is from anesthesia drag from the long time under and amounts used, then the Kepra depresses the seizures risk… rest, rest and more rest :-D. My surgery was eight hours, kick butt meds and very little pain, God is good :heart:

Just know we will all be waiting for you on the other side of this thing.

J Knights said:

Hi Troy!

I didn’t even know you were having surgery. I haven’t been on here long. Anyway, this is great news!! I’m 12 days out so this is exciting. Doesn’t make my anxiety/fear/panic much better but somewhere in the recesses of my mind I am comforted. Hang in there and get lots of rest like everyone says. I don’t think we really have much of a choice though do we?

Hi Troy,

thanks. I can't wait til I'm on the other side either. What are your days like these days? I saw you wrote about football earlier. I'm going to a UNH football game today with my husband and son. So excited but not looking forward to the cold weather. We picked today and it's supposed to be the coldest day since last March. Ugh. So, here's to another day......

Jeannine