Dad has an aneurysm and I'm scared

sometimes they just monitor them as the risk of surgery is greater then the risk of a rupture. that is the case with my other 4. he just has to watch his blood pressure and if he ever gets a headache of unbelievable pain. go immediatly to the hospital. i wear a knecklace with my cerebral angiogram on a pendant zip drive. to save the hospital time in locating. its comforting.

Wow, great idea Douglas thumbs up

Lisa

Excellent idea Douglas!
SummerGirl,thank God they found his aneurysm before it ruptured. He is watching over your family and now you can stay on top of monitoring the growth. I had a crainotomy back in '95 due to a rupture (I was 23) and was then checked every 7 years because I was told it took that long for new ones to grow. They found a 2nd “Annie” in '12 due to symptoms I was experiencing (and yes, they had seen something suspicious on a CT angio 5 years earlier and were watching it). This new “annie” was at the part of my brain where the veins split into the right and left hemispheres. I should say, I live near los Angeles, not a rural area. My neurologist told me there was nothing they could do because of it’s location. He said clipping would cut off the blood supply to half my brain. That answer was not good enough so I went to another doctor. His plan was to take a vein from my leg and graft it in my brain. I thought, I’m getting closer, still not good enough. I then went to UCLA. The doctors there said, no problem. They coiled it and were also able to stent a diseased vein that was next to it. So, with that said, get more than one opinion. I can’t speak about the carotoid artery and which to do first, but when it comes to the “annie” if a doctor says they can’t do it, get more opinions. I know waiting for answers is REALLY hard. Turn your worry to prayer. God had already shown you that he is watching over your family. He is there for you. I will pray for your family too.

Thank you for that encouraging answer!

Natalie said:

Excellent idea Douglas!
SummerGirl,thank God they found his aneurysm before it ruptured. He is watching over your family and now you can stay on top of monitoring the growth. I had a crainotomy back in '95 due to a rupture (I was 23) and was then checked every 7 years because I was told it took that long for new ones to grow. They found a 2nd "Annie" in '12 due to symptoms I was experiencing (and yes, they had seen something suspicious on a CT angio 5 years earlier and were watching it). This new "annie" was at the part of my brain where the veins split into the right and left hemispheres. I should say, I live near los Angeles, not a rural area. My neurologist told me there was nothing they could do because of it's location. He said clipping would cut off the blood supply to half my brain. That answer was not good enough so I went to another doctor. His plan was to take a vein from my leg and graft it in my brain. I thought, I'm getting closer, still not good enough. I then went to UCLA. The doctors there said, no problem. They coiled it and were also able to stent a diseased vein that was next to it. So, with that said, get more than one opinion. I can't speak about the carotoid artery and which to do first, but when it comes to the "annie" if a doctor says they can't do it, get more opinions. I know waiting for answers is REALLY hard. Turn your worry to prayer. God had already shown you that he is watching over your family. He is there for you. I will pray for your family too.

Ugh, it's apparently on the middle cerebral artery and they don't know if they can even operate. He's in getting an angiogram now. Isn't that the worst artery to get it on? Someone please tell me it isn't.

Like my dad used to tell me, "there's always something worse".