Common symtoms?

First off Hi everyone I am new here. I am 5 months out of surgery from craniotomy. Seems dizzyness is very common what about motion sickness? I have been wearing scopolamine patches for motion sickness for 5 months (has done some pretty nasty stuff to the skin behind my ears) I have tried the pressure points braclets and dramamine and nothing at all. The best I can describe it is like getting car sick while walking or driving. My pharmacy is closed over the weekend and the patch is three days came off during a workout at the gym. Nausea and vomiting is not my idea of a fun weekend. Is this something that my body will grow out of? Or as my doctor says maybe my new way of life? Any input would be appeciated. Or if you have any tricks ive tried crackers 7up. Its just really wierd to me. When I was a kid it was cool Id get to sit shotgun because id get carsick in the back seat but to get nausea from the motion of normal everyday activities isnt cool whatso ever.

Hi Krista! I'm only a month out after my PED procedure, but I too have had the same problem.... especially when in the car. Peppermint tea really helps me battle it as does making sure I'm plenty hydrated. I also have trouble talking on the cell phone, like bees have stormed my head. Not sure how long either of these will last, but again, the tea really does help.

Tara

Your doctor has no reason for this happening?

Thoughts & prayers
Kimberley

when my surgeon released me as a patient he told me it was normal that i needed to work with my primary care doctor which i do and a neurologist. i havent seen my neurologist though for a cpl months shes been on vacation i have an apt on the fifth.

Hi Krista, I ge the dizziness but luckily not the motion sickness, my daughter used to get motion sickness and we used a product called ginger calm which helped a bit. In Australia you can buy ginger chews which are made from stem ginger or you could try drinking ginger tea. These are all natural remedies just not sure how effective they will be but anything is worth a try.
My aneurysm was not clipped but I have stents telescoped inside ech other blocking the aneurysm, I am 3 months on from my procedure.
I wish you all th best and hope you get some relief.
Hugs Lynn

Hi there I got travel sick after the sah try joyriders tablets that you chew they are really good. Jess.xxx

hi Krista-they also sell ginger candies my Oriental friend at work gave me -they are very good tasting but not sure if they would help. If ginger is the cure as previously suggested,i think they would be good since they dissolve slowly so- it'll last the whole trip probably! good luck- i also think 5 months is still early, my nuero said 6-18 months to recover from coiling so i'm hoping things will improve,gotcha in our prayers!

Hi Krista...I had so much vertigo before my leaky annie was found and then coiled...it has improved so much, however, it still effects my life...because when I got dizzy I was driving in the car...went into anxiety attack...now I fear it so much, I barely drive...something I had always loved...I work at it everyday...

I do hope things get better for you...you are so early in the Healing stage Krista...maybe this will get better...

Gotcha in my Thoughts...~ Colleen