Coil or clip... That is the question?

With the angio out of the way, now I have a design to make… Coil or cut my head open…
1) If I do the coil there is a lot of follow up, the neck of my annie isn’t a small as I’d like to see it. there is a chance that it could still rupture… or slip out
2)Cut head open IE:clip… My annie is one of the easiest to get to, they would go in threw the top of my head, clip it and I’d be done with it… no more worrying if it’s going to go…
3 days in the hospital, 3 weeks home recovery… shouldn’t have long lasting headaches, or other side effects…
I’m leaning toward clip… I don’t want to be thinking about this any more, if I do the coil I’ll be forever waiting for the thing to mess up…
Now I just need to get the family coordinated to be around for my after care…

I have 2 clips and have not had a headache in the 2 years since I had the Annies clipped.It seems from reading on here alot of people have problems with coiling! Whatever you decide I wish you the best and will send prayers

God Bless

Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn,

It just seems like the better option.. Get it done and over with.. :)

God Bless you.....

Lisa

How was the angio (your experience of it)? I was coiled, so can only speak to that, and my doctor clearly recommended that for me - so my decision making process was different than yours.

Hope the experience was okay and that you're feeling okay.

The angio was fine, had a bit of problem stopping the bleeding, so I had lay flat for 4 hrs… That wasn’t fun… :slight_smile: A little sore and tired today, but I’m up and around… Looking forward to having it all be over with…

I've written quite extensively here and other sites about the headache/migraine problems with older clip and closure technology especially due to electromagnetic interference. My wife had a clipping in 1994 using older technology. Today's methods and designs I believe minimize the problems. In fact, we are trying to schedule a appointment with the Neurosurgeon who assisted in her surgery to see if the bone flap closure wires and be safely removed and replaced with newer closure technology. We know it's a long shot and potentially unsafe but if we don't ask the question, we'll never have an answer and my wife will continue with the headaches brought on by electronics in modern life.

So, if I had a vote, I'd recommend the clipping over the coiling for a permanent seal! Good luck and lets us know what you decide.

Ed

I had my aneurysm clipped 8 months ago, and have done really well, no severe headaches since the first week. I have to have angiogram in Oct, to check the clip and my carotid arteries that are affected by Fibromuscular Dysplasia.. the disease that probably caused my aneurysm. Good luck with whatever procedure you chose.

Im with you, I chose clipping… and have done well. good luck…

You might remember an eailer post of mine. I too have to deside to have the surgery or not. Dr. is refering me to Cleveland Clinic because I have desided to have the surgery. Like you the neck of mine is large. Drs. have only mentioned coiling to me but I have considered to have my head cut open too. I am waiting to see what dr. says before I make my decision. Praying for you.

Deanna