Cognition Issues Update

Hi,

First of all let me say 'Thank You' to everyone who shared or replied to this post. I now feel less alone and less like I am not healing, albeit slowly!

After seeing my doctor and going through a battery of test, it was determined that the bleed was the cause of the cognition issues, and not the coil or clip. Because my doctor knows my history and with all the information I shared with him, I have been re-diagnosed as permanently disabled. I heard this diagnosis before but refused to accept it. I must now accept and learn to deal with my issues in a different manner. He gave me some exercises to try to improve my brain. He also is recommending a sleeping pill. I am still afraid of them and unwilling to try it. He also indicated that there is not much I can do about the constant headaches...I get them daily...but we can use meds to try to lessen the pain. I agreed to that!

If I can offer any help to anyone reading this post, it would be this: Don't loose faith or hope that you can heal, be patient with yourself and others...and above all remember this: YOU'RE STILL HERE! Make the most of your time.

Merry Christmas/Happy Kwanza/Happy Hanukkah!

Penny

Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanza to you and yours Ms. Penny! Just having knowledge is a great way to start the New Year!

Penny you seem relieved but I did not think "permanently disabled" was a diagnosis. I learned two years ago to accept my new challenges, not as a diagnosis but as the new me. That was the moment I started moving forward rather than standing still. I hope your New Year brings you peace of mind, acceptance and new challenges and goals. Have a wonderful holiday, Carol

Carol,

You are correct it is not a diagnosis but it is a time for me to accept the new me...albeit 6 years later. I appreciate the well wishes and pray that the New Year brings you peac of mind and continued acceptance, as it will me.

Merry Christmas!

Penny

Carol said:

Penny you seem relieved but I did not think "permanently disabled" was a diagnosis. I learned two years ago to accept my new challenges, not as a diagnosis but as the new me. That was the moment I started moving forward rather than standing still. I hope your New Year brings you peace of mind, acceptance and new challenges and goals. Have a wonderful holiday, Carol

Penny, This is definitely a good thing, acceptance and peace of mind, because we cannot move on without it and that is what starts the healing. I learned that a long time ago also. As long as we all hold our doctors accountable :) Have a wonderfully Merry Christmas!, Carol

Penny Freeman said:

Carol,

You are correct it is not a diagnosis but it is a time for me to accept the new me...albeit 6 years later. I appreciate the well wishes and pray that the New Year brings you peac of mind and continued acceptance, as it will me.

Merry Christmas!

Penny

Carol said: