Clipping 3/9' home today

Had my ICA clipped by Dr. Michael Lawton Monday 3/9, came home today. I am feeling good, as long as I stay on pain meds, 5mg oxycodone 2 pills every 4-6 hours. Hoping to reduce down to 1 pill and off as soon as possible, but not yet ready, last night was first night with no intervenious pain meds, so I am making progress. Any rate, hopefully tomorrow will be better. Over all I feel good, I do have swelling in the eye/temple area the more I am up and about. Hoping this stops soon. Will be washing hair/incision area to or row which should make a big difference.
80-image.jpg (258 KB)

Congratulations...and prayers for your continued recovery...

You have been blessed...to be home so soon post-surgery and able to be reading/typing...

Is Dr. Lawton in SF? He has an incredible reputation...

Yeah DSShopper! I came home from hospital with Oxycodone. Maybe three or four weeks worth. Took them a couple of weeks and weaned myself off. Take them as prescribed, definitely not more than prescribed. I spoke to my triage nurse who helped me figure a good way for me to get off them. Take it easy and rest when needed. Don’t forget to drink lots of fluids and get the protein in you to help your brain heal.

That is really great news to be home so soon after clipping! I hope you continue doing so well! Get plenty of rest and take it real easy - it will help in your recovery. Like Pat, I am amazed that you are able to read /type so soon, but do take it easy, it does take the brain a while to recover.

DSS... prayers for your update...tho it has only been a few days...

I am so glad that everything went well and hope you have a speedy recovery. I am so scared. I am going to have the clipping done soon. I meet again with the neurosurgeon on the 25th to schedule surgery. I have three aneurysms. It is good to hear from others how well things went for them.

Dr. Lawton clipped mine too on 1/6/2015. I have done really good and I’m 65! Back to work, driving, and the gym in 2 weeks. I think the stiff neck from the position during surgery and not being able to open my mouth at first bothered me more than my head, but all good now!

Lawton has a great reputation and the staff in neuro ICU were all so nice. One of the nurses walked across the street to Peet’s Coffee and brought me a latte! It tasted so sweet!!

Just saw you were from Lodi; I was born there but live in Chico now!