Clamping an artery

Hi my name is Robin I had a coiling done on March 8th. My Aneurysm is sitting on my optic nerve so the coiling didint help with the vission two weeks a ago my Dr cut my artery and clamped it. Has any one had this procedure. if so did the vision come back at all?

Hi Robin...wish I could add to this...but I was coiled...hopefully someone here has heard of cutting and clamping...~ wishing you better days and your vision back...~ Colleen

Robin...welcome...and so hope you get lots of feedback...

How do you feel about your clamped artery? How was it "clamped"? ... you are the first I have heard about clamping for vision issues... I am sitting here...sucking in my breath... trying to imagine it...

First...were you told before coiling...that this complication may occur? Were there any stats provided on that?

I had one small ruptured aneurysm (internal carotid artery)....from the minimally invasive treatment, I had severe vision damage in both right and left eyes...so I do have a strong interest in what you may share with us... I did go thru months of vision therapy (cherish it) ...and did not regain 100% of the peripheral vision...

Prayers for much more feedback for you...and, that you may put a general question in to "ask the doc" on clamping for vision care...

Pat

How do i put it to ask the doc?

my aneurysm is sitting on my optic nerve and from the weight of the aneurysm it cloesd the nerve so no blood coud get through. after weeks of trying diffrefnt thing my Dr. decided to clamp my corotid arerty to stop the blood flow. this was to see if it would allow more blood flow. now tell me what is vision therapy and how do i find a dr that offers this please let me know thaks robin

My vision did not return. Almost completely gone in that eye

Look for a neuro opthamologist.

I seeeing 2 neuro opthamologist neither one ever offered that to me. so your aneurysm was it your optic nerve also he said the coiling was the least evasive alto it didnt work it did if it wasnt on my nerve it is shrinking just not fast as it should.

is it in both your eyes or just the one

Robin...I will get back later on tonight...have to run an errand...

Pat

Robin...100 hours (or more) of apology for not getting back as planned...I had so many distractions...tho...nice ones...friends calling, short visit w/local friend...and, hen a doc appointment on Monday...When I say distracted...trying to "find you" again bcoems one of my memory challenges...

Internet Sites for Vision Therapy:

www.covd.org

www.aoanet.org/ia-op-vis-ther.html

www.opt.indiana.edu/vtlit/vtlit.html

www.alderwoodvisontherapy.com Dr. Nancy Torgerson; her primary are children... I was readily accepted for my second childhood...she's magnificent...I did see neuro-oph before and after months of therapy...Tests before, during, and after therapy are excellent...the neuro-oph f/up was confirmation of the results...at the med level...

There are many more sites...for your locality...search: vision therapy city and/or state...

Again, my apologies for my slowness...not intended...far tooo well known....

Prayers for your results...and for our hearing of them...

Pat