Choosing to not have follow up angios, anyone else?

I’m feeling healed and that PED placement was successful, I’m not up to an invasive procedure as I am feeling good right , what is your experience, ty Ellie

I think all of us that did not have craniotomy have had follow up angios afterward. Mine was at 3 months and some had theirs at 6 months. At 3 months everything was fine so they took me off Plavix at that time. I would do the angio afterward and do followups as your doctor recommends. I have MRAs annually because my location is high risk to develop another annie close to the first one. I wouldn't do angios regularly because of the radiation, which I have had lots of over the years, but if something looked wrong on the MRA and my surgeon wants to conduct one, I will allow it.

Better safe than sorry!! I'm glad you are feeling good now!! Take care,

Sherri

thank you for your experience and I will discuss with my doc as well, Ellie

i agree w Sherri, i would do whatever they recommend at this early stage, me however got out of my 5 yr angio, i voiced concern over bleeding, they had hours of work stopping it cause i was on coumadin blood thinner, tc hang in there you will do fine!

thank you, my concern is bleeding and also the recup time I have no symptoms eye floaters or headaches and intuitively I feel healed I wouldn’t mind an mra/ct scan

Anafa...has the PED Group responded on this?

It all depends so much on how much was used...at each session and the frequency...

I can only suggest...asking your docs about the volume used...from initial diagnosis...to the PED completion...then, think of any others you have had in some time-frame... from mammograms to whatever... These vary so much for all of us...

Member GNJ1stLady...addressed rad... and, her discussion is yet up under the Post-Surgical......and, you may have already viewed it... Please keep us updated...

Prayers for your best discussion w/your neuro-docs...

why concerned about bleeding? are you on coumadin or other blood thinners?

Anafa said:

thank you, my concern is bleeding and also the recup time I have no symptoms eye floaters or headaches and intuitively I feel healed I wouldn't mind an mra/ct scan

it’s not just the bleeding yes on effient/ I had a severe groin bleed one angiogram , but my brain memory and sight feels bleat and no more eye pain or weirdness in head so why subject myself to a procedure if I feel well and Dic feels PED got the Annie’s, I will ask for mra/ ct scan if I need a pic

I had a little problem with a hematoma on groin after procedure, but my doctor moved the student and took care of it. I trust her. I trust her almost as much as my partner which says a lot for me. After coiling for a sah, and then second coiling, I only had to do angiograms for a couple years total, and now am down to one MRA a year. I didn’t go to school to be a neurosurgeon and feel I need to trust Dr. Q-Q in her expertise. I figure, heck I’m still alive to pester the people I love, to make new friends, and to enjoy each day - what’s there not to trust in her?

i would call the neurosurgeons office, voice your concerns/ reluctance as i did, they called back and said mra would be ok, this shocked me since the angios are cash cow for the hospital, tc prayers you get whats best

ronk said:

Anafa said:

thank you, my concern is bleeding and also the recup time I have no symptoms eye floaters or headaches and intuitively I feel healed I wouldn't mind an mra/ct scan

hi me again! lol, i needed recoiling and i had no symptoms, this shocked me since i was totally unaware they could compact ugh

ronk said:

i would call the neurosurgeons office, voice your concerns/ reluctance as i did, they called back and said mra would be ok, this shocked me since the angios are cash cow for the hospital, tc prayers you get whats best

ronk said:

Anafa said:

Ronk sorry about needing recoils, I had PEDS in place and surgeon assured me that Annie’s were gone I will meet with my doc in sept thank you