Bruises under the skin

Had my operation o insert a stent on the 7th of June. I am on Clopedogrel and Aspirin and have just found a second bruise, a black patch due to bleeding under the skin. I know I have not accidentally bumped into anything as suggested by the GP the first is getting lighter but have another small one on my arm . Is this normal because of the pills, Has any one else had same reaction to the drugs

Tolu...

Call your neuro-doc... went thru all the same...still have issues...tho I got off the Plavix...also sopped the aspirin...There is a definite diff in appearance than a standard bump/bruise...my personal opinion...

Prayers you reach the neuro doc quickly...

Pat

I have found Tolu that bruising is not only from blood thinners, but other medications you may be taking...look at the effects of your other drugs and you may see bleeding and/or bruising...however, any major concerns should be brought up to your Doctors...Wishing you a nice day ~ Colleen

Im having the same problem, I have not called my doctor but I did ask the pharmacist when I got my Plavix refilled if bruising like Ive got is normal and she said as long as I am on the medication it is possible to bruise easily. How long will you be on your medications? They originally told me three months for the blood thinner and aspirin for life but after my surgery they changed the blood thinner to 6 months! There are so many scary things you don't find out about until they happen to you! Best of luck to you!

at the moment I have been told I will be on the Plavix for six months and also Aspirin for life. I have had another bruise and told by the consultant that it is normal except where there is actual bleeding out of nose ear etc. so I am jut hoping not too many of them but aware that they do happen because of the meds. Can’t wait to get off them. I do hope you are well and best wishes for future