Brain aneurysms, flying and high altitude

Hi everyone,

I have 2 small anuerysms in the brain. My questions are will flying affect the aneurysms ? Also i am going to Colorado Springs (which is over 6000 ft above sea level). Will being at such a high altitude cause issues ? I HAD planned on taking the COG railway up Pikes Peak (which the summit is 14,110 ft above sea level. I am thinking that might not be the wisest decision now

thank you

I thought flying, even going to the mountains, was a no-no if you have discovered aneurysms that haven't been treating. That is sort of how I discovered mine. I blew my nose up in the mountains and that is how I popped mine and found out I had it.

Speak to your Neurologist...I have a 9mm coiled Basilar atery aneurysm and a 2mm behind my left eye, untreated...and I fly about 4 times a year...and was told there is no problem with cabin pressure in commercial jets...I usually do get a headache, but I think that is just the flight and day are long ...

Recently, I was to go through a certain machine in the Tampa Airport...and they ask if you have metals in your body...so now I tell them I have platinum coils in my brain...and they donot let me through the machine...

Consult your Doctor, but I am sure it will be fine...~ Colleen