Bleeding and plavix

I have been on Plavix for the lsat 6 weeks. In the past 24 hours my period has been really heavy and lots of clots -- has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering if I should be calling my doctor? Just been laying around and blood feels like it is continually coming out.

Consult your Doctor ... and when you are laying down elevate your legs...that will help...~ Colleen

Yes...w/o a doubt...call /page your neuro-doc who prescribed... do not wait for tomorrow... get to ER if needed...Be sure to have notes on your usual flow / the changes esp since your last... note any other meds / supplements... any changes of those...this past 6 weeks...

And, last, any other symptom changes..i.e. fatigue, balance, vision...anything else you can think of... in this six week time frame ...

I stopped Plavix early...but of the usual bruising / bleeding and then the migraine aura went wild....this was all after a f/up angio...

Hugs and Prayers...you get a quick response...and, keep us updated...

Pat

I was on Plavix for over a year, and I had TERRIBLE periods. Exactly like you describe, with the worst part lasting a good day or so. I usually stayed home during that window of time during the month (that really long day or so I mean). I asked several docs (all men) and they all just nonchalantly said "yeah, that can happen". I just lived with it. Sometimes it changed when I changed from the brand name to the generic or even different brands of generics of the Plavix, but that was a real pain in the behind to keep track of. It took a couple cycles for me for it to even be a problem too, so I was really taken unawares. I think the general rule is if you are soaking a heavy pad every hour, that's serious enough to warrant an ER visit, but if it's just maddeningly heavy all day for a good day or maybe two, just way more than you are used to, then it's just the Plavix and it's kind of a side effect you'll have to live with. It definitely sucked for me, and even off of the Plavix I still have a hard cycle once in awhile, more than what it used to be, but nothing like when I was on the Plavix. I would suggest not doing a whole lot on your worst day/s, making sure to keep hydrated and eat lots of good foods to keep up your strength.

Yeah, no doubt the culprit is the Plavix, you should call your doc if this continues to be 'crazy heavy though. And note any and all other additional symptoms. Best of luck to you , Peace, Janet

thanks for your responses. It was the Plavix and I am still on it as I only have 5 more days to take it and then just go to an 81mg aspirin.

I have that too so not sure how to help other then to say it happens to me as well. I stay home day 1, its just too much and messy