Bioness H200 Wireless

Hi,
My daughter, 26 yrs old, had an aneurysm rupture last year (3 more days to be exact) which caused her right side to be paralyzed, and it was a miracle that she was alive, kudos to the Medical staff at the University of Utah hospital. Given the severity, she has recovered physically well. For instance, she is now able to walk slowly with some assistance with the walker. Her arm is progressed well like her leg, however, her wrist, hand, and fingers haven’t shown the mobility yet. We tried all kinds of exercises from passive to active as well as the handmirror. Her OT told us to be patient, though, there was another OT introduced us to the Bioness H2000 wireless. We tried it and the machine helped her to open her hand and allowed her to grab a small and light object, then dropped it off. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of equipment? It is quite pricey, so I would like to check around for your opinion. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hey Ms. Lynn! I haven’t heard of it, so I went to check it out. Their site says they will work with insurance companies and the patient to make it affordable if required for home use. Has the PT said your daughter needs one for home? I would also ask the PT or OT if it’s possible that a TENS unit might help. I realize it’s for pain, but it does do nerve stimulation. Just a thought, I’m by no means a medical expert.

Unfortunately, her insurance doesn’t cover. She is over 26, so she is no longer under our insurance, and being healthy and in grad school, she could only afford the basic insurance type. Her PT & OT suggested the TENS, as they think the Bioness is pricey. Other OT suggested the Bioness, if we can afford it.

I use a TENS sporadically now for cauda equina Syndrome . No reflexes from waist down, had surgery, but it still gets aggravating at times. For me, it’s lots better than medication. They can be purchased just about anywhere. Just stock up on the sticky pads

Don"t give up my rupture was 11 ago and I still get everyday

TY Moltroub and Darrell. Yeah, she is too young for us to give us ((-: I will start a new thread about the short term memory.

1 Like