Are angiograms the "norm"?

I am still recovering from the SAH on Dec 16th. I’ve been home for a month now. The surgeon sent me for the MRI with intravenous liquid and this week is a CT Scan. Will he send me for other testing??

Sorry for what you’ve experienced! Did they not repair your aneurysm?

Cathy...ditto of Sandy...

They did coiling. Sorry if I didn’t explain myself. I am a bit muddled today. Have lost my brother (suicide), uncle (cancer) and a dear friend (heart attack) in the past three weeks. Not thinking straight and am plagued with tiredness, headaches. Its been a trying time for me and my family.

Angiograms are considered the Gold Standard for locating all the information Doctor's need on your aneurysm...You are early in the healing journey and then all of your losses...right now you need to take care of YOU...and get lots of rest for your brain and body to heal...~ Thoughts out to you ~ Colleen

Thanks Colleen. I know I need to look after myself…difficult when I’m not used to it. I’m supposed to be the care-giver…that’s who I’ve always been.

Cathy...belated welcome... and we have shared results...

First, my condolences for your losses these past few weeks...that is wearing...I have lost more family/friends than my years of survival...one was recently...

Based on my records...I suggest you secure your med records...to determine how many ultrasounds, CT/As, MRI/As...were done while you were still in the hospital...to set the guidelines for f/ups... too detailed to share mine...except...I suggest you learn how many were done while you were hospitalized... by date/type... Mine is far too detailed/lengthy to address here and now...and, delays in f/ups...

I suggest...even stronger....for you to ask the doctor why he scheduled the MRI and CT scan...and, if it will be a CT or CTA...and, ask when you will have a f/up angiogram....

Prayers for your recovery from your family/friend loss and for getting explanations from your doctor...

Pat

Thanks for your kindness. I am sad to read that you, too, have suffered so many losses. I do have the transcript of my hospital stay…almost 500 sheets of paper! My husband felt it necessary that we have it. I could look through the pages but I am not up to it yet. My follow up appt with my surgeon is Apr 30. Hubby tells me I had many MRIs and CT scans between Dec 16 and Jan 9. I went to Toronto Rehab as in-patient on Jan 9 for 4-5 weeks. Take care Pat. Thanks again.

ask your loving hubby to look thru those records...you should be able to call the "rad unit"...and, ask for CD/DVDs of all those CT/MRis...and, ask for the
"list" of them...if they were not provided in your 500 pages...

Our hospital/clinics...have the story paper records separate from radiography records...

Take care...and, ask that special hubby to assist w/all those pages...and, in ordering the rad records...if separate...

Take care...