Anyone know a good therapist in the Baltimore, Maryland area?

Thank you. I also have intermittent Pulsatile tinnitus. Only lasts 5 minutes but sends me into a full blown panic attack. I need to find a good therapist who can help me deal with all this. If anyone knows one in the Baltimore area, or one who does virtual anywhere pls let me know. Thanks

Check with your health insurance provider as they should have a list for folks in your area. I would recommend a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist. You might want to try to find a therapist that works with Stroke patients or TBI patients as there’s not many of them who work with cerebral aneurysms specifically to my knowledge. Another specialty is a Neuro-Psychologist who can also run a battery of psych tests. I went to one around procedure #2 and was tested with the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) which he did not send away and the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS an IQ test) as I knew my brain wasn’t functioning like it did pre-rupture. Make sure whoever you see is licensed with the State of Maryland.

One of my neurologists recommended me to seek a CBT out but there was none in our area for adults. Lo and behold, a company called AbleTo reached out around the same time. This was during the pandemic. They do a team approach, the therapist and the behavioral coach, also a therapist. I’ve done it twice, I just do the phone calls but you can do a video conference. Either way it’s about 45 -50 minutes which is fine and I believe it’s about 8 sessions with each. The reason it’s not a full hour is because they have to do their notes for the insurance company and it’s not allowed to be billed separately. (At least those were the rules when I did Medicaid contract work with youths in the high risk category.). The only downside is not being able to pick your team that I know of. If I could, I would take the first behavioral coach with the second therapist😂. The best part - I was able to get out of the funk, increased my self esteem and it was free through my Medicare!

If you want, we can split this conversation into its own topic so it doesn’t get lost in a doctor recommendation.

1 Like

Great advice!! I will look into all of these things. Yes you may want to make this its own topic. Thank you!!