Anxiety and More

My ruptured brain aneurysm happened almost 2 years ago. Is it common to have through the roof anxiety which doesn’t seem to be getting any less? I also experience full body chills with goosebumps several times day and night. My drivers license was not revoked but I no longer drive because everything around me seems so fast!

The sudden chills can be a temporal node seizure, which I have had since having a ruptured right side aneurysm. Mine come in waves of shivers from head to toe and only last for a few moments. I take Lamictal to prevent grand mal seizures but even at an increased dose, I still have the waves now and then. Anxiety is another symptom of mine. It can be overwhelming and it is the symptom that most affects my family. I have learned to tell people around me that I am having an episode and they can talk me down sometimes with a reality check. It doesn’t prevent them, but shortens the length. Lamictal has also helped, but not eliminated the panic attacks. I had a posterior communicating artery ruptured aneurysm that was clipped in the area of the right temporal lobe. You should tell your neurologist about these experiences and maybe they will have a treatment to help. Take care.

2 Likes

Kate has given excellent advice! If things are getting worse, get to your neurologist, I’m pretty sure they can help!

1 Like

Thank you for your replies. I don’t know if this type of thing shows up on any tests but my annual MRA is scheduled in a couple weeks and I will discuss.

Smart! :slight_smile:

Iam so sorry this happened to you.Sometimes it’s the aftermath that gets hard to deal.Its like we just expect our bodies just to go back to normal.I have anxiety I have to give
myself a few minutes.
Hope it gets better for you.You surely not alone in this anxiety.I think most people just have hard time talking.
Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

How did the MRA go?

1 Like

Yes! I don’t remember MRA’s in the past although I know I’ve had several . This one was a cakewalk and results were good and I don’t have to go back for another two years! Thank you for asking .

My neurologist has no idea why I suffer from sudden chills. When I asked him he said that he did not know then he told me that 7 out of 10 people do not survive the type of ruptured aneurysm that I had.

You had a 3 in 10 chance. Mine was 1 in 10. Glad to see we both made it. I don’t get chills but have a very hard time with vision focus when I move or look up/down/bend over

Im glad the MRA was good! Happy dance for you! The hypothalamus is the part that controls body temp, you can read about it here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothalamus

My new neurologist diagnosed my tremors and put me on a benzodiazepine. It not only helped my tremors but I’m driving to places I haven’t been able to drive to in the past. Perhaps you can discuss it with him.

1 Like

I have been thinking about you.Hoping your feeling better.Odd!enough I get chills also.In Las Vegas, 108’ I have blanket on in house.Maybe our immune system is trying to heal.Good wishes!:snowflake::grimacing: