Aneurysm clipping and warfarin

Hello to all

Be grateful if anybody could give me some info/feedback on the following:

My partner had an unruptured aneurysm (MCA) clipped back in March 2011. This week he was diagnosed with(AF) atrial fibrillation and his consultant wants him to take warfarin prior to his cardioversion procedure for the AF.

My concern that taking warfarin could make the site of his clipped aneurysm, bleed? He aleady takes a daily aspirin 75 mg and has done for 10 years since his heart attack back in 2003 when his arteries were stented.

Appreciate any feedback on this.

May I take this opportunity to wish all a Merry Xmas and a very happy and healthy New Year.

Wish I could be of Help...but stopped to Wish you a Merry Christmas and Cheers to a Healthier and Happier New Year...~ Colleen

Hello Colleen, so nice to hear from you - you were so good for me when I first found this site back in 2011. Hope you are doing ok?

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2014 to you too.

rgds

Dilys

I am not a doctor, but I have had an aneurysm clipped and an artery repaired, as well as 2 more aneurysm they are monitoring. It is my understanding that once a clipping is done, the blood supply to that previous bulge has been cut off so it is no longer prone to enlarge and rupture. having said that, warfarin and any other medication will not cause that site to bleed. My concern would be, his poor arterys period.

Hi There,

I agree with what Marie said, i think i'd be more concerned with his arteries at this point . Not with the clipped anuerysm.

Peace, Janet

Many thanks for this Marie; that was my thinking life without limits after a successful clipping. Seasons Greetings to you.

Many thanks for this Janet; which confirms Marie's thoughts. Seasons Greetings to you.

Further to my earlier reply, may I ask are you taking warfarin now? Hope you are doing ok after your aneurysm clipping and artery repair. Many thanks again for your time in replying to me.

No..I do not take any warafarin....I started on 10mg of cypralex for depression..and that helped....and recently my family doctor has added 10mg of nortryptiline for neurological headaches..I haven't had one since I started taking that..WHAT A RELEIF THAT IS...My life was a constant headache....and after you have pain for so long...you become less tolerant..even a small headache could become very big..because I was so exhausted from them..non stop.

Many thanks again for your reply ............... good to hear your headaches have gone. I know what you mean about pain leaving you exhausted. My partner along with all his other issues also has spinal stenosis and has been in constant pain for 7 years having tried all medication and an xstop spacer procedure with nothing making any difference. He is constantly exhausted with the pain which you I am sure will relate to. Take care Marie.

Hanging in there Mary...a Day at a time.....~ Colleen