After effects

Thank you for sharing your information. It’s somehow consoling that I’m not the only one with these afflictions. In fact, there are quite a few (almost all) who have the same problems and you can take some comfort in knowing that you can message us when you’re feeling down or just need someone to talk to.

Take care and please keep in touch. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

3 Likes

@ladydawg, you absolutely do not need to get technical here! Please never feel that you have to! You’ve been through a lot and your experience is highly prized to our members. I’m really glad you posted. Most people don’t realize how it can be so dang frustratingly depressive that we cannot work.

All the best,
Moltroub

2 Likes

Thank you so much for replying back! Yes, I am def now knowing “not” to try to correct her on the 2nd time- her repeating something we both talked about and when she’s giving me quite a different recollection of what, and how of something particular, I will say she’ll remind me she has told me this already but wants to go over it again, which I have no problem with that for sure. The new issue this past month, she has taken 2 falls, hard falls, unexpectedly seemingly, we live about 2 hours apart, thankfully she had help with her falls! She just had a Cat scan this Monday but it was for her lungs. Hopefully, hopefully she will go in for a brain scan here very soon! She was vaccinated in mid-April for Covid and after the 2nd shot she has not been feeling super well since. The 17th she goes for results of this scan, so hopefully they will want to check her and do a brain scan fairly soon, I so will keep encourging her!

Thank you for replying! We gals live about 2 hours apart but do talk most times twice a day, almost every single day. She is a caregiver for an elderly lady since June 1st and the lady’s older son/daughter-in-law is at the house a lot of the time. Thankfully so, since my friend has had these 2 falls last month (my reply to Zaplady). Yes, she can recall super well a lot of the time, (better than me, lol) and her math is awesome and quick too! Like I mentioned to Zaplady, I will keep encouraging her to get in a get a new brain scan. Lastly, she is quite fuzzy about the name (type of) BA she has had and the time she spent in hosp she thinks was for few days, but she had to have a lot of rehabilitative work afterward, and that took a few months. I do know she had head surgery, they went in on the right side of her head, for possibly the first BA’s she had. Her latter one/s, she still doesn’t have a clue of what type or memory of the particulars of it.

Hi, Thank you for replying! Yes, I notice she speech sometimes intermittingly can be hard to say her words, but mainly that is in the evenings, her words formation can get stuck like. Then of course, if she happens to be upset about something at the time, and she is telling me about it, I notice it can be hard for her to speak natually, then too. Sometimes, Lol, she’ll make a funny of it, saying , “oh sh_ _,” “You know what I mean! What I"m tryin’ to say!!” :laughing:

@GalFriend wondering out loud, if your friend is just exhausted by the evening. When I’m exhausted or stressed it is much harder for me to get my words out. I know you want her to get her brain scanned, do you know when she had her last one? For me, my neurosurgeon has a set time period between them. We aren’t sure when my next one is, but most likely next year or it could be in three years. And I get a special MRA to look at my pituitary adenoma every five years. That one was just done so a few more years for that!

All the best,
Moltroub

I consider not remembering movies the silver lining in all of this.

I remember if I thought the movie was good or not and if it was on the “good list” I watch it over again. Never has Netflix been so good with so much “new to me” content then since after I ruptured.

1 Like

Hi….I’m new to the group. I had a clipping in august, and I also had a blister aneurysm. Can you explain why they are “extra” dangerous? I’m new to all of this still.

Welcome @Luvmyboys1115 ! @phoenix33 hasn’t been on for awhile so I did some quick research and found this Blister Aneurysms | IntechOpen. Hopefully it helps answer your question.

All the best,
Moltroub

1 Like

Thank you so much! I also had a daughter sac on mine too…also rare I believe

I learned a good bit about blister aneurysms with @phoenix33 replies, but having a multi lobed aneurysm, I can say they’re rare and because of the daughter sacs, tend to rupture more than other types. So my brain is saying you’re are a very rare person indeed!

Have a great week,
Moltroub

1 Like

My husband uses the form of speech: “You remember when” or “You were with me, remember what was said?”
And I really don’t-if it’s not highly important I can’t always remember and I remind him-“no, as a matter of fact, I don’t”
He gets frustrated at me, but he’s starting to get it-but it’s still happening after 10 years.,:nerd_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your post. I have yet to meet anyone who has recovered from a brain aneurysm, ruptured or not, who doesn’t have short term memory issues and word finding issues. Mine are far less then they were when I was closer to my event, but I have them still just the same. Initially, I went to occupational therapy. That helped a lot. I am probably my worst supporter as I still try to rely on my old capacity. I hope that you have been seeing improvements and if you haven’t I would suggest asking your doctor to prescribe OT.

1 Like

Ohhh, ME TOO!!! :grinning:
And it took me a long time to finally accept that my old capacity had up and vanished. I tried to continue on as I was before and then got frustrated when I couldn’t do as before. It was foolish of me to think I could if I’m honest about it all, but at the time… my mind had the drive, my body didn’t have the ability. I battled that mind over body vs body over mind idea. Eventually the body won and it told me “Laydown or I’ll put you down…” and it put me down hard. I had to adjust my own expectations of my abilities.

Merl from the Modsupport Team

2 Likes