Acupuncture for migraines or trigeminal nerve pain?

Has anyone tried acupuncture for migraines? Or for treatment of trigeminal nerve pain? If so, any success? How long did it take?

Laura....

I have used gentle acupuncture for a long time...and, am so pleased with it...

Pat

Good to know Pat. Thank you.

I am thinking of doing is as well. So glad you posted the question and Pat, a response…BTW. What is gentle acupuncture Pat?

I had my first treatment Friday and woke up yesterday morning with minimal jaw pain. It was so good I didn’t take a pain reliever until noon time. Normally it is at least 3 times a day, and I also am trying corydalis instead of the NSAIDs I usually take.

I am very optimistic about this.

Lseejay...I do not know how to explain diff... tho think of it as the variances in massages...from light touch to much heavier...(I even trip on all those names of type/training)...

And, also in activator chiropractic...a gentle touch w/a device (name blanking) ...not the twists/jerks...bear w/my word stumbling...beyond massage, gentle and activator...

Pat

Laura...I am so excited for you...

I do not know corydalis other than a natural OTC...I do take vitamins, probiotics and some other naturals...some years back, my PCP did the blood tests on D and B...so needed...

Please keep us updated...

Pat,

Corydalis is an old Chinese herb that has been found to work on nerve pain and be an anti-inflamitory. Here is a link to a recent article

http://news.uci.edu/press-releases/chinese-herbal-compound-relieves-inflammatory-and-neuropathic-pain/

Laura... thanks...early on...I did have a couple of weeks of a Chinese herb...have no memory of its name...my acupuncturist did not suggest more...I did not have enough memory about it...that was a month or two after the first f/up angios...

Thank you for sending this...I will review it later..

No worries pat. Thanks for responding though… I completely understand. I’ve heard about acupressure - just willing to try if others have found it helpful and non-addictive. Hope that you have a great evening…take care…

Laura - This is GREAT news! Congrats! I am excited as well - will make my appointment for this week. Please keep me posted on your progress? How many times are they recommending that you come for treatment? Oh yeah, thanks for the information on corydalias - very helpful. I am very interested in alternative remedies. Unfortunately, still on aspirin and Plavix - it seems to react wih most things, but will look into this one also - THANKS.