9mm Unruptured LICA Aneurysm

Hi, are you doing :+1:.
Tell me more about the situation.
Take care,
Beverly M

I’m unsure what you mean…I had a multilobed 5mm aneurysm that ruptured while I was doing a craft project. It was coiled, coiled and then coiled again with ballon assist. In Dec 2020 I had a Neuroform Atlas Stent placed with more coils of course lol

Hi, that’s what I meant. Thanks.
My aneurysm is a 9 and at this point being treated with meds only. I was told, I would have a massive stroke if they attempted repair because of size and location. Kinda scary. I’m assuming if it ruptures, I’ll have a massive stroke??

The Neurosurgeon may be talking about a hemorrhagic stroke (rupture) rather than an ischemic stroke. You may want to ask. I had a massive bleed apparently, I recall one of the Doctors that stood watch over me the night before my initial repair saying over and over again that there was too much blood. They didn’t know what my outcome would be once I woke up from surgery and told my family not to expect much as there was too much blood. I do know with the Neuroform Atlas Stent, Dr. Quintero-Wolfe said she believed that she had it stabilized for the first time. I think the neck of my aneurysm was around 4.5 mm and leaking. Since she put that in, I’ve been doing better. I know there is another member here that was in the study for the same stent. Can’t remember the member’s name unfortunately but I think their aneurysm was in a difficult place as well. I hope they come on and let you know more. You could also mention it to your surgeon as I don’t know the parameters for this type of stent. My guess is that bifurcations make it a more complicated area, but I’m not sure.

1 Like