7 years and I forgot!

I can’t believe I forgot my 7th year anniversary from date of rupture, but there you have it! Guess I don’t focus so much on it anymore. I did remember at the beginning of November and then the 7th rolled right on by.

We usually take folks out to dinner who have supported us throughout the year, with increasing numbers of positive COVID-19, that wasn’t happening this year. So the excitement wasn’t there. This year we wanted to do a grill out but that wasn’t happening either.

We all need to keep safe, practice social distancing, wash our hands and wear a mask. Who would have thought I’d live long enough to see the world go through a major pandemic.

Keep positive, stay hydrated, and eat your protein.

I wish every member all the best!
Moltroub

5 Likes

Happy 7th year anniversary Moltroub! It is my second year anniversary today. I experienced mixed emotions… I kept thinking of my neurosurgeons, the nurses and everyone who took care of me. There is no word to express the gratitude that I have for them.

I have been doing well these two years and I wish that everyone who has experienced such a life change will find the courage to learn how to live and adjust to the new life. It is not easy but not impossible.
Stay safe everyone!

1 Like

Thanks so much! And happy anniversary to you as well Sammy1! Keep your glass half full! You made it through the most dangerous two years, isn’t it amazing? You will continue to keep improving which is another amazement.

I keep the RNs and doctors in my thoughts every day, wishing them continued success in their endeavors. At my last coiling I was being rollled in to the new NeuroICU which is beautiful compared to the one I was a guest at for so long. I saw Keena, the RN who diligently had to continuously adjust my Triple H line. I was very excited, thus very loud and said “There’s Keena, she helped to save my life!” The RNs attitude changed completely towards me. Keena had become the RN supervisor for the floor. The other RNs reaction to my excitement tells me most of us who are under their care, don’t thank them enough for all the hard work they put in. Sure, the doctors always get mentioned, but without the RNs carrying out their orders, telling them what’s going on with each patient, so orders can be adjusted, many of us wouldn’t be here.

1 Like

Well, congratulations

Sometimes it just rolls on by and the older I get the faster it rolls. It does go like that sometimes Wendy.
I remember the date of my first surgery, but that’s cos it was Valentine’s day, 14th Feb ‘96. I sent my then girlfriend (Now wife) a bunch of roses saying "Don’t Worry, I can’t feel a thing’ :smile: It made her laugh, which was a good thing as she was a ball of stress (even worse than me)

Then there was 2 more neurosurgeries one was around '99 and circa 06 (I think (not very clearly sometimes :roll_eyes: )

And then comes ‘2013’, but I can’t remember the dates, had 3 neurosurgeries that year. They say ‘13, unlucky for some’… …ahhh Yep. That was the year EVERYTHING changed. I’\d love to just forget the whole year personally, but I seem to have this man with a jolly big hammer trying to bash his way out of my skull most days which tends to remind me none-too-subtly. I just ‘try’ not to get hung up on it. I say ‘Try’ cos I’m not always successful. Then it becomes the norm and we move on.

But I must agree “Keep positive, stay hydrated, and eat your protein”.
And
All the best to you too Wendy

Merl from the Modsupport Team

2 Likes