6 weeks post clipping!

Hi all,

Today is 6 weeks for me after my surgery. I am still on the mend but getting better and less tired everyday! I have gotten approval to begin weaning off the Keppra (anti-seizure meds) and have started the wean last week, so Friday will be my last dose thankfully.

I don’t see my Neurosurgeon until next week because he is on vacation. Here is a list of what I am still experiencing at 6 weeks:

Still tired but don’t need naps , just having a hard time sleeping at night.

Still numb behind the incision, which I hear is normal for a while.

Still having some pressure at the incision site , but from what I can see no swelling.

Still get frustrated pretty easily, but now that the dosage has decreased on the anti seizure meds I am starting to see that dissipate.

Still have one scab on the incision where a small drain was that is taking forever to go away! But incision is itchy and getting sharp pains which means nerves are repairing themselves I suppose!

Otherwise, all is great! I do notice that if I over do it I get a headache and my left eye gets a little blurry, so I really have been trying to take breaks!

I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!

Congratulations Michele! That’s fantastic news! I’m pretty much feeling the same as you. Still some numbness and fatigue, but more like that of a lingering cold vs exhaustion. I will be having some champagne on New Years (Dr has ok’d it) and I’m a little apprehensive about it- but it’s worth it!

I hope you had a nice Christmas.

Cheers to you Michele and Kit34 as well! I wonder if Vitamin E will help with the itchiness? I used it on both my foot and back surgery. Just bought the Vit E capsules and used a needle to prick one end. Easier to control the flow, kept the scabs soft but they healed remarkably fast.

So great to hear you are doing well. Keep yourself in the positive and let the feeling of gratefulness come in to take away the anxiety and stress. Once I learned to re-focus my thoughts, everything is so much better, happier and joyful. Happy New Year Wishes to you.