10 Year Anniversary after a ruptured SAH coiling and VP SHUNt

March 13 2024 I celebrated 10 Years Since My ruptured Brain Aneurysm coiling and vp shunt. it took 6 long years to get back to nearly normal life. Finally at 9 years to the day I went back to work doing what I love. I hope others have the same success.

8 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks so much for sharing your success. I always held to the belief that if you’re doing something you love, then it’s not really work, it’s contributing to ourselves thus others.:joy:. I’m definitely doing a happy dance for you​:clap::dancer::man_dancing:

2 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Congrats! My ten-year anniversary for the rupture and coiling was in 2022. Feels great, yes! And enjoying your work (and being able to do it, which I, too, was not for a while makes it all the better.

3 Likes

Congrats to you as well… are you doing good now as well?

2 Likes

I agree, I am a Registered Nurse and Absolutely Love what I DO

2 Likes

Yes, thank you. I have a bit of a memory problem with names (perhaps that is just me getting older!), and I had seizures (which I had never had prior to the rupture) and have been on anti-seizure medication ever since.

3 Likes

I had a seizure the day of my rupture and they put me on anti seizure meds but then a few months later I was able to get off of them, and I forget names as well and many other things I have to write every thing down, and there are parts or times of my life I can’t recall its frustrating

2 Likes

Just awsome, Well done for ten years, I’m coming up on eight years after a rupture with clipping and vp shunt, but I am unable to go back to work. You show us the way mhagele

3 Likes