What doctors have you liked (positive reviews only, please)

Please leave a comment if you would like to let others know about a good doctor you found.

1 Like

The best Neurorologist in Germany is definitely Dr. Rene Chapot, the head of the Krupp Clinic in Essen. He is of the original French pioneer team from France who has specialized in non-invasive coiling and stent technology.

The surgeon and Kings College London was good hospital as they saved my life, I must say the aftercare wasn't as good as some as I had the following :~

Ventriculitus and then Sepsis. So I count myself lucky to be here.

I should also say a good family helps xx

Good luck All

Bess x

Ole Rom said:

The best Neurorologist in Germany is definitely Dr. Rene Chapot, the head of the Krupp Clinic in Essen. He is of the original French pioneer team from France who has specialized in non-invasive coiling and stent technology.

Prof Peter Vajkozcy in Berlin Charite is the best aneurysm surgeon in Germany. He can also perform brain bypass surgeries successfully.

I respect and admire Dr. Stacey Quintero-Wolfe at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC. Fate, The Universe, God, Someone, was looking out for me when they paired us together. She ended up saving my life and kept my brain functioning. (Don’t tell her, I always say my dog, Trouble saved my life). She’s a really bright cookie, engaging, and speaks in language that anyone can understand. She answers questions even if you’ve asked them dozens of times. She has a great sense of humor which is important to me. She has built a great working knowledgeable staff around her. They don’t get frustrated or upset with questions or me having difficulty finding the correct words. I always feel like they listen and addressed my concerns. I highly recommend her, her staff and the great care I receive from all the departments at WFBMC.

1 Like

If anyone is looking for neuroradiologists well-known and active in the field in Western Europe, you can find a list here:

https://www.esmint.eu/about/people

I’ve met with 3 of them for their opinion on my aneurysms.

Dr L. Fernando Gonzalez at Duke in Durham, NC is amazing and a gift from God! He also has an office in Raleigh but performs his surgery out of the main Duke in Durham.

2 Likes

I liked the doctors at New York Presbyterian Queens Hospital in NYC, Dr. Nieto was great. Very busy man but very brilliant and has a calming disposition.

2 Likes

hello. so i followed @ole_rom 's advice and went to see Dr. Chapot in Essen, Germany and he was and is phantastic!! what a competent, professional and talented doctor and on top of it he is very very symphatetic and nice, charming and makes you feel understood and taken care of. he is very nice and patient and eventhough he is crazy busy he takes time for you and explains everything. i trusted him completely and im forever so very thankful to him. And to @Ole_rom for helping me finding him and helping me getting my surgery as fast as it did!!! THANK YOU!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Ole,
Giant brain aneurysm 2013, and I’m just so happy that I found Dr. Chapot in Germany. Coiling has developed a lot since then, but a René Chapot in Germany has been a pioneer and is today considered the leading expert in the art of coiling, the only true non-invasive way to cure an aneurysm. His method, which involves a balloon treatment in order to stop the blood flowing from the brain, is essential for success in the operation.
I can only recommend Dr. Chapot in Essen, Gernany, in the highest possible terms, for his success in coiling his patients. And a lovely person to boot.
A revolution in treating aneurysms!
Chapeau, Dr. Chapot!

1 Like

@moultrob I had the most amazing experience at Cedars Sinai Hospital in CA. I want to recommend Dr. Michael Alexander, his Nurse Practitioner, NICU nurses and the administration. I have no complaints and only high praise. The hospital was 5 hours away (in good traffic) and worth the multiple drives there. I’ll be heading back for a fourth time for a follow up angiogram in five months.

1 Like

I go to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. Dr Chris Fox and his team are great.

1 Like

In Los Angeles, I presume?

Yes, Los Angeles, CA.

1 Like

I was going to move to the Jacksonville area but had to put my move on hold when they found my aneurysm. I’m glad to hear you liked the Mayo Clinic.

Top notch. I always feel I’m in capable hands. I’ve seen Dr Fox from the beginning of this crazy journey and I’m very confident in my care. I’ve also heard of a couple others there with great reputations depending on your situation. I drive up from the Orlando area (about 2 1/2 hrs) and it is well worth it. If you ultimately end up heading this way feel free to reach out to me. I’m happy to help in way possible.

1 Like

Does he mostly do cerebral endovascular procedures or spine? I like the doctor I have now because he specializes in brain aneurysms (Interventional Radiology) and strokes not spinal procedures.
Thanks for your offer to help! I hope to make a move to Jacksonville in about 5-6 months.

I’m not sure about what is his majority, but he does a lot of endovascular procedures. Of great importance to me is responsiveness (well, keeping me alive so far is likely first and foremost). When I call or send a portal message, people get back to me quickly. On at least 2 occasions I’ve answered expecting a nurse or PA to be on the other end, but instead he’s calling me personally. He’s very attentive to his patient’s needs. I really appreciate that.

There’s another doctor at Mayo that I had heard good things about - Dr Tawk. You could look into him as well. Also Dr. Hanel at Baptist Health is supposed to be great. You have some really good choices in that area. I think that might be the extent of names I know for jax, but if i recall another I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

I appreciate this so much. I didn’t know where to begin my search for a neurosurgeon and hospital in the Jacksonville area and you have given me some great options. Thanks!

Happy to help.