Wedge pillow advice needed!

I haven’t thought of a contoured pillow. I’ll check that out.

I’ll check with my insurance. I just figured it wouldn’t be covered. Thanks!

Thanks! It seems like we all sleep on our “aneurysm side”… I wonder if there’s any correlation.

Thanks Pay- I’ve never heard of it but I’ll look it up!

Hope this helps. I had a coil and stent on 2.5 cm fusiform two years ago. Initially I used a wedge pillow but found that being a side only sleeper I did not sleep well. I switched to the foam pillows shaped for neck support and haven't used anything else since. I tried all brands, found out the only major difference was the cheaper ones didn't last as long. Luckily I have a great team of doctors who have so far saved me from further bleeds. I still have a 9mm untreated that I like to think elevated helps keep stable along with the other. Good luck and if I can be of any support I check my email daily.

hi Kimberly, I have a shunt but was never told to elevate it??

hi Ron, I was never told anything about my shunt. Absolutely nothing... I am just speaking from personal experience... Elevated head while sleeping works best. I also can't look down without having effects! For example, sitting at the table reading the paper... that slight looking down really affects me. UG! right? Bending over also! When I sneeze, laugh hard, cough... OUCH! It feels like that darn shunt is slamming up against the front of my skull. Even sitting here on the couch... looking down at my laptop.. I have to hold the laptop up so its eye level!!!

thanks for the reply Komberly, I recall the occ therapist said "you know not to place your head lower than your heart right?? the dr tolfd you that right??" I said noooo, once I was lying on the bed and I was looking for a folder or something and I felt extreme pressure and quickly raised up recalling the therapists words!! so scary- i'll never try that stunt again!! Also once I got piercing pain upon coughing and my pcp dr said it was a sinus infection, thank God that improved with amoxocillan- I don't think the shunt had anything to do with this inf tho, I have no trouble looking down except while walking and looking up is way worse, take care see ya around!