Unruptured Annie, treat or not?

So glad all went well! Thanks for the update and get some rest.

Take care. :slight_smile:

My aneurysm was found incidentally although i had symptoms of ringing in the ears and hypertension which i still have the ringing and no longer have hypertension. i decided to have a 2mm aneurysm in the right internal carotid coiled. i did not want to play the waiting game because i felt i was waiting for it to burst and that was not an option for me but every situation is different and it is what you can live with. I am a nervous nelly and couldn't deal with it. I was suppossed to have the ped placed but my arteries were to small so he coiled with one coil and i am living a very productive life as a wife, mother, grandmother, nurse and full time student. my only suggestion to you is become as educated on your aneurysm as you can and ask as many questions as you can. hope this helps

John, choosing to go with the surgery or not is a hard decision. My aneurysm was detected as a result of my annual eye exam that didn't go as expected. I was 62 and decided to go along with the clipping -- the major factor in making my decision was that my mother died of a ruptured aneurysm at age 45 when I was 19. I wanted to live some more and enjoy my friends and family with the knowledge that the threat of rupture was gone. I had an uncomplicated clipping, but did contract a staph infection at the incision site which required emergency surgery. Several operations later, I feel good .. have a few residual affects with eyesight and some presssure in the head -- but I am back to work, traveling, enjoying life! Best of luck to you in your decision process.,