Unruptured aneurysm - weird behavior and blackouts?

Hello. I hope someone can help me make sense of this. Due to severe headaches, I was given a brain MRI which showed a possible small aneurysm. A subsequent CTA verified that I do have a 4mm aneurysm on the anterior communicating artery. I've had a lumbar puncture with no evidence of a bleed. My neurologist has referred me to a neurosurgeon, but I have not been able to get in to see him yet. The headaches continue, along with fatigue, and now I have also exhibited some worrisome behavior that I'm wondering if it is attributable to the aneurysm. The other night, my husband was leaving, and he was trying to talk to me, but I couldn't follow the conversation. I was basically falling asleep in the middle of a sentence. I did wake up enough to have a conversation with my son, but when I fell asleep on the couch, he woke me up to go to bed. Before I actually went to bed, however, I picked up some quarters along with a drink coaster, set it all on a plastic lid and just stood there looking at it. I also apparently went into the bathroom, tore the curtain down, and then got out all of my nail polish and just set it on the bathroom floor. I have no recollection of any of this. Today, I was talking on the phone (I do phone customer service, and I was talking to a customer), and all of a sudden, I heard him say "Are you there?" I have no idea what he was telling me prior to this or how long I was in this state, but it was as if I just suddenly blacked out from what he was saying. I didn't literally black out, because I was still sitting up when I came to, but it was scary. I have never experienced episodes like this before, so I'm thinking they have to have something to do with the aneurysm. Has anybody heard of anything like this before? Or do I coincidentally just happen to be losing my mind for some other reason at the same time as this aneurysm happens to be there? Please help, because I'm worried about what might happen next.

1 Like

Hi Theresa,

You may be having seizures. There are many different types. Please call your neurologist and let them know what is happening. Try to get an appointment ASAP.

May God bless and keep you.

Carole

2 Likes

Hi Carole. Thank so much for the reply? A seizure? Wow, I only thought there was the one type that everybody's familiar with. That's kind of scary to think about. Thanks so much for the response.

You’re welcome, Theresa… Please let us know what your neurologist says.

Carole

Theresa, welcome...there are a number of others, in a waiting process, who I xpect will you give you tremendous feedback.

I had your type for several years before my 6mm aneurysm ruptured...not the same as yours; but the forgetfulness; lost car/house keys, lost cell phone...all the things at our fingertips multiple times daily...As is all that you mentioned... I just read some old med records...one time told an MD about grocery shopping and the next morning finding the two bags by my door..not put away... Your comments are of such interest to me for the similarities. The irony is that I just read these records over this weekend; and you signed on today!

Another time, I was a a fourway bliing red light; and was sitting there until another finally tapped his horn at me...another when I was driving in an area, a neighborhood, I did not know where, why, when I accessed it... I mean it would not have surprised me at all, if I quickly thought...ooops wrong exit...oops, need another block or two for my right turn, etc... (all before my gps)... I was diagnosed as a menopausal depressed woman, even tho this facility/clinic had a couple of decades of my perfect health records...

You are blessed to have any MDs hear you...and, get the appropriate initial tests...prayers you see the neurosurgeon soon to help walk you thru all of it...

Write your list of symptoms and list of questions to ask the neuros and include pressure on which cranial nerves and whatever else. You may want to google / browse anatomy of AComA (or ACoA) or spell it out as you did hear.

Prayers that you will get lots of posts here from others and their symptoms and diangoses and neuro-visits.

Pat

Hi Pat. Thank you for your response. Yes, that's pretty much it - I'll do random stuff and then I have no idea that I did anything until somebody tells me about. My son was watching me and just laughing at me thinking I was just that overtired, but I've been much more overtired than that and never did such things, so I do believe it must be related to the aneurysm. When you mention driving and not knowing where you are, that's weird because I just told me husband yesterday that I was scared to drive in case I have one of these little episodes while I'm driving. Luckily, I work from home, so I don't have to do much driving, but after spacing out on that customer yesterday, now it's affecting my work, too, and I just can't afford for that to be happening. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Hi Theresa...I don't think any of us could answer whether this is related to your aneurysm or not...however, the one bit of advice...call you Neurologist office, tell them exactly what happened and that you want to be seen...also, he/she should be able to help with the headaches until you see your surgeon...

Please keep us posted ~ Gotcha in my prayers ~ Colleen

Hi Jo. Thank you for responding. Wow, everybody's mentioning possible seizures, and I really never even considered that as an option. I'll definitely do some research into that possiblity. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you as well. Thanks so much!!

Hi Colleen. Yeah, I'm not really looking for medical advice, but more just to see if anybody has heard of an aneurysm causing this type of behavior so I know I'm not losing my mind, because that's kind of what it feels like. Thanks so much for your response, and I'll definitely keep you posted.

Hi Sue. Thanks so much for the perspective of someone who actually experiences seizures. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that but also thankful that you are able to give me that perspective. I'm hoping that all goes well for you in the future. I will check into the EEG. Thanks so much!!!

hi, I am having the same problem, yesterday that same thing happen to me, was with a customer sitting across from me, I was filling her RX in the computer then I don’t know how long I sat there, then the customer said something to me and I popped open my eyes, and said OH, then started to type again. It really scared me. I hope it does not happen when i’m driving, any answers will be great.