Undiagnosed Needing Help

Hello everybody, I posted my first post earlier. I’m laying here awake with a really bad pressure pain in my right temple and behind my right eye. I don’t know what to do or what to think. I’m terrified and I’m waiting for my MRI/MRA results to come back from Sunday. I can’t think straight, the pain is awful and I’m not even going to work. I have severe hypochondria on top of this and brain aneurysms are my worst fear. My elder sister also had a rupture. I’m feeling really depressed about this and I’m so scared of the pain, it has been constant for weeks and no painkiller works. I’m only 21 and I don’t know how to cope with this fear. This is ruining my life. I’m on the NHS so I’m scared about how long I’ll have to wait for the results. I’m also scared about the results.

Jen

1 Like

Hey Jen,
I have to say that stress is fairly ‘normal’. You are in pain AND you have a family history.
We are talking about the brain here, that’s stressful for anyone. Your fear is normal.
I am not a believer, not at all, BUT… there is a prayer called the Serenity Prayer which assist me to put things into some sort of perspective.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
        Courage to change the things I can and
        The wisdom to know the Difference 

You’ve had the scans, so you are being proactive, that’s a good thing. And you cannot change the results. It’s up to the medicos to interpret the results and as much as we would all like them to be a bit more prompt, none of us have any control when it comes to dr’s.
Your fear is for a genuine reason, that is not hypochondria. You maybe going down the ‘worst case scenario’ line, but again, I’d have to say that’s normal too (well, it was for me anyway) let’s face it we are talking about the brain here, that thing called our brain controls everything and that can be scary. All those ‘what if?’ type questions damn near drove me crazy. But the reality of it all was/is I/we have no control over any of it. In all honesty all we can do is manage the best way we can until the dr’s make some sort of decision. For me that loss of control was a MASSIVE hurdle, but the reality was the control had been taken out of my hands. I had done everything I could, it was all up to the dr’s.
For me, I had to keep myself occupied doing something, ANYTHING. It didn’t matter what, just something to stop me from rolling the same info, the same questions over and over and over……

Jen, you are not alone in trying to manage all of this and anybody who tells you that it’s easy or simple has never been in this position. We know that because we have been in a very similar position to your own. Come talk to us, we know from our own personal experience just how difficult all of this can be.

Merl from the Moderator Support Team

3 Likes

I’m really sorry for all you’re going through. I found out about my aneurysm in March and had it clipped in June and that period of waiting was so so hard. For what it’s worth I had pain behind my eye for years, although not as severe as your and mine only happened every month hormonally. My grandma also had an aneurysm behind her eye and survived. My process was getting the MRI/MRA then CT angiogram then cerebral angiogram before they determined how they could repair it. I will totally echo Merl and say that what you’re feeling is totally normal. Be kind to yourself and know you’re not alone. It’s very hard to understand unless you’ve been through it and I’m glad you’re here. I’m in the US, so I’m not sure how the process will compare in the UK but I hope you gain more understanding as soon as possible. (((Hugs)))

1 Like

I’m glad that everything is sorted for you now. So, was your eye pain caused my the aneurysm? Mine started at the beginning of November with stabbing pains in my eye which only relieved by closing it. This went away. At the start of December, it came back behind my eye really badly for about a one week period. Then it went away again for a month. Now it’s just come back again and it’s been a week again.

Yes, mine was caused by the aneurysm and I have no more eye pain after having it clipped
Yours sounds a bit different than mine and so if it is from an aneurysm, yours may be located in a different place than mine. I’m wishing you the best of luck!

Hope your results were good and anxiety of this is pretty big, this forum is the only thing that i have found that really helps as others here are going through it, about to go through it, or have gotten through it. try your best to relax and know your team of doctors will direct you on what is needed and when.