Un ruptured aneurysm

Just met w dr Dalfino albany Med
Neurosurgeon
Wants
To monitor 2 mm anuerysm - MRI in 6 mos
I am 61
Hard living w this unresolved

Your aneurysm is small, so please try not to worry too much. I have an 8mm that was found in March, but due to other health issues, plus my age 65, I did not proceed with coiling. It seemed prudent to delay, despite fear of rupture.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/unruptured-brain-aneurysms-don-problems-treatment-vital-article-1.172146

Excellent link - thanks so much
One has to have faith and know that not everything is in our control
But it’s hard - you seem to have a great attitude
Any tips in that department ?!

Just to update your info: Dr. Aman Patel is now at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and my personal life-saver and yes he looks just like that picture. That article said: "Not everyone is a candidate for coil embolization. “We currently treat 60% to 70% of aneurysms endovascularly,” says Patel. “But we still can’t treat every patient — usually these are people who have extremely wide-necked aneurysms or branches coming off the vessel.”

Since the time of that article however; a new device called a Pipeline Flex Embolization Device(PED) was FDA approved and is used by Dr. Patel. It has given patients like me, who have very wide-neck Aneurysms a safer option to be treated. At my recent 6-month checkup my large (size of quarter)Aneurysm was found to be:"Complete right ICA aneurysm occlusion and complete patency of the PED." That was music to my ears and the only Holiday Gift I prayed for..yippee me!!!!

Since I grew up in NYS, I know that Albany Medical Hospital is a great place to go for treatment. Sounds like you are in good hands. I agree with Campanile, but it does help to read and gather info on your situation. This site did help me feel better!!!!

Allison,

I had an overwhelming fear that surgery was not the right thing to do. My family was upset with me, but I had to go with my intuition. I was in a wheelchair at the time, because I could not walk and there was no diagnosis. To be frank I simply was overloaded with misery. I went through months of worry, but that changed when I was diagnosed with RSD and I found a medication called Low Dose Naltrexone that got me back walking. Now that I feel there is hope I am willing to have surgery.

What helped me get through this has been TV. I could not read or listen to music. Everything got on my nerves, except marathoning TV series. I used to clean when I was frustrated, but due to my illness housework has become a thing of the past, my poor husband. But I did start donating-out went my piano and other big items. You might want to take on a project-something that inspires you and keeps your mind off your aneurysm. And when you do think of your aneurysm tell it to shrink.

Goodness - you have a lot on your plate
Here’s another question - why won’t they treat the small aneurysms and save us all this anguish?

I pondered the issue myself and wondered if small aneurysms might rupture as the coils are pushed in. I hope someone can give a definitive answer.