Thank you to Danielle!

Hi all! I am a new member of this site and I recently received a warm welcome message from @Danielle_BFintern.

Danielle: I just want to say thank you for your kind message! I couldn’t figure out how to reply directly, so I am posting publicly here in order to reach you, but I think we can all agree how grateful we are for your kindness in our community.

I am very touched that you took the time to reach out to me. It truly means a lot. So often in my journey I have found myself reassuring others that I would be okay. But few people ever actually asked me the question “Are you okay?” Even fewer, now many months later, ask me how I am feeling on any given day. But the experiences, the lessons, and the lingering symptoms are still valid long after surgery. I really appreciate you recognizing that.

I am glad to say that I am doing very well now health-wise. Recovery was indeed challenging, but I have overcome almost all of the symptoms from surgery.

I am humbled to be part of this community of fellow BA Survivors.

Thank you,
Alex

4 Likes

Alex, what a kind person! I’m sure Danielle will get your message. I’m glad you are having a good recovery. Maybe you could chime in on different posts to help others by sharing your experiences and how you overcame obstacles.

2 Likes

Hi Alex!

Thank-you so much for your message. I am a university student as well and continue to reflect on your story. My heart goes out to you, and I am so touched by your strength and persistence.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear that you have overcome (nearly!) of all of the symptoms that resulted from surgery. That is such wonderful news. I do not question the challenges that accompanied this recovery process. We are lucky to have you as a member of our community, and I am so certain that others will be similarly touched and inspired by your story.

How are things going for you?

Again, thank-you so much for taking the time to touch base.

Danielle

2 Likes

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for the kind words. As I said, I am honored to be welcomed into the BA community. I certainly hope to make a difference through offering my personal experiences.

Things are going well for me right now. I feel so fortunate to have recovered as solidly as I have. I am now working full-time as a commercial filmmaker for 7 Wonders Cinema in Philadelphia. It’s a really fun job, and I feel lucky to have found my way into it! All in all, life is good.

How are you doing?

Also, I again want to thank you for your effort and volunteer work for the BA community. Out of curiousity, what brought you to get involved specifically with BA volunteer work?

Cheers,

Alex