Surviving 5 Aneurysms and 4 Brain Surgeries My Wifes Story

Thanks! I think anyone who has survived an aneurysm is a fighter like no other, my heart goes out to all the survivors, and I hope my wife's story can give hope and inspiration to survivors and families going through this.

Chloe said:

What a story! What a fighter!
1 Like

Your a blessing to us! The rewards we get back from survivors and their families is truly unexpected to think how a negative event, could be turned into something positive is truly a blessing. If this story can help give hope and inspiration to just one person it was worth it. Thanks!

moxie said:

Thanks for sharing your story and your blessings. We are all grateful for you and your wife, how you give back and inspire the rest of us!

God's grace to you and your families.

Hi Maya: Thanks for your words of encouragement and support, it makes our journey worth it, we can take your great attitude with us to help other survivors and their families. Thank You!!!

Maya said:

Norm,

What an inspiring story! To you and your wife my gratitude for sharing this very difficult but inspiring, part of your journey.

May your wife continue to be well and you can both live happily, many many more year to come.

Respectfully,

Maya

Yes my wife had acupuncture before and after, as you may have read in my wife's story she was in her 3rd year of school as an acupuncturist when her first aneurysm happened in class. Did it help with her recovery. This is just my opinion, but I feel it made a big difference. This my not be the right path for everyone. But I think it was the right path for my wife. Thanks for your support!

Vicki said:

Great story! Did you ever have acupuncture ? Before or after?

Thanks! for your support it makes our life better because of people like you, Thanks for being an Angel, God bless you and your family!

Jingles said:

Amazing grace!!!! So happy for you, your wife, and family. It is admirable how you both are giving back and using your experience to bring hope. God bless!

Hi KJ thanks for your support, we will be thinking about you and all the great people on this web site that are sending a piece of themselves with us to help survivors and their families by giving them hope and encouragement in there recovery. God Bless you and your family!

KJ said:

What a wonderful blessing for your wife and your family!! It's great that you are giving back by volunteering with other patients! You guys have been through alot and its great that you can offer encouragement to others! May God continue to bless you all!

First let me say I'm so glad your a survivor, and your here to tell us your story! we can only imagine your frustration. Have you had a angiogram since your surgery? It must feel like forever trying to figure it out. I'm sure the stress can add to the situation. Your a fighter, we will be praying that the doctors figure this out soon or these symptoms disappear. It doesn't matter what they throw at you, you can beat it. Thanks so much for your support!

JennM said:

Wow....i would love to talk to you one on one when u have the time..i am a surviver of a brain anurism also 3 years ago june i had open brain surgery...my anurism is in my internal carotid artery. They planned on putting in coils but the anurism was so thin and had a whole in it. The drs were amazed they said i was a sneeze away from it hemrogine. And because of where it is i would have died instantly..this past winter i started having seizures and TIAs this summer it has become worse n worse... The dr are making it like i now have epilepsy and that i am just in some kind of pts from the previous surgery...due to nothing coming up in the mris n mras...but I know theres something more going on...I cant even lift my right arm over my shoulder anymore

Thanks! your right, my wife is my super hero. I could never be as strong as her, I'm nothing without her.

harlylena said:

This is AWESOME! Love it! Your wife is like a super hero. Wonder woman?

A truly inspiring journey back and forward. Your wife, as you already know, is amazing! Thank her and thank you.

Thank you for sharing your wife's story. I think it will give hope to survivors of ruptured aneurysms that are still dealing with issues. So happy to hear you have been by her side through all of it and have taken good care of her.

Awesome story!!!

We've been told more than once that some have been abandoned in their time of suffering, and that should be unconscionable. (In fact, we know of one healthy spouse who was counseled to leave his suffering wife and get on with his life--he refused!) So it is good to hear that someone stayed by. If ever she needed you, it was then. I think it's impossible to calculate how valuable that is in the recovery process.

swtstf said:

So happy to hear you have been by her side through all of it and have taken good care of her.

Norm, your wife’s story, yours as well, is knock your socks off, I hope you share it with a major magazine, because it is so compelling. Also, I love that acupuncture helped. I wish TCM and complementary medicine was paid for by insurance, along with massage, meditation and hypnotherapy. Best to you and your wife.

Congratulations. My wife spent 2014 at my bedside after basilar artery repair. We had watched it for a year before finding a surgeon who would do elective intervention at Emory in Atlanta. We were admitted July first and discharged December 18th. I could not my have survived without my wife. She spent 100nights at Holday Inn express, they were so good to her. I had a coma and she had me awake with no bills and a little money in checking and savings. Wow what a woman , a Masters prepared RN since 1972. I still can’t believe the job she did for me, I still have not seen a bill. What would I have done with 1.3 million$ in bills with no memory of any thing. I had recently buried my mother but didn’t even remember that. All of us survivors are surrounded by some incredible people. The nurses at Emory had me one/on one the entire stay. They saved my life more than once. There are great people in this world. I am a very lucky man, I try to tell her every day. This woman I married June 4’1969 8 hours after graduation from high school. We have 2 wonderful college educated children and a grand daughter who graduated with honors from Clemson about a month ago and another grand daughter started at Georgia tech last week,she is a National merit scholar who was 16 when she started last month. Like I said I am lucky man. Thank you all for your inspirational stories of survival. Lot’s of Love. Butterfly.

Q

Madere (dancermom) said:

Wow, she is a victor indeed, Norm. Terrific story – thanks for sharing with us. I’m so glad your wife is doing well.