Short term memory loss

My mom had a ruptured brain aneurysm 3 weeks ago that was coiled…she’s now home and doing GREAT…no major problems other than some mild short term memory loss. I was just wondering if this is something that is usually permanent or something that could possible get better over time? If anyone has had any experience with this I’d appreciate any info…thanks!

hello,

i think everyone who has the luck to of survived a ruptured anny has some brain trauma to some degree...in my experience,having my own rupture almost two yrs ago, experienced short term memory loss more so directly after and has improved with time...so just give her n her brain time to recoop n tell her to use the diffrrent brain excercises to jog all aspects of the memory..they helped me alot...good luck n know that your mother is a very lucky woman...God bless and i will keep her n my prayers for continued recovery along w/a long healthy life...

It’s been 2 years and I still have short term loss , plus I stutter some and can’t get words out ,

Be sure to talk to the Doctor about the short~term memory loss…hopefully it will improve with time…she (your mom) has a journey to go… be sure she is getting lots of rest … The best to you both…Colleen