Post coiling again, anyone else with vision/ocular migraines?

Hi Georgia,

So many Doctors have that 'knee-jerk-reaction' to any patieant who says "ever since my aneursym --(and so on) Immediately the doctor seems completely ignorant to your after-effects of a procedure or surgery that he might've been part of, (medical malpractice avoidance is the 1st thing that comes to mind when i hear such a stupid remark coming out of a Neurosurgeons mouth !)

Its as if the Neurosurgeon doesn't know you suddenly, puts his hands in the air as if to say "uh...wasn't me !" while he's looking away towards the ground, making sure your eyes don't meet, him shaking his head all the while, him backing up awkwardly).....

(I' can't count how many times others have heard the same type of remark from their Neuro's) Zero liabilitykicks into gear along with outrageous comments of " Its certainly not related to your aneurysm"--Malarky!

(Okay I'm done now, sorry about my 'lil rant for this Monday morning !!--lol)

Hope you can get some relief , Georgia--good luck,

Janet

Hey Janet - thanks and I agree on all parts :)

In speaking to the neurologist (sent to by neurosurgeon) she said (with no disrespect intended), "well, they saved your life and he has been able to intervene and correct the issues. But, you did probably sign you life away with disclaimers and releases and there really is no way to know if they bumped, nicked, blocked something along the way." I never had a thought of even trying to blame anyone ... I just want to make it as right as it can be now.

I think I do understand a little better now that the surgeon did his part (the repair) and just isn't specialized in dealing with the after-effects, which is why I'm seeing eye drs and the neurologist.

It's just hard to come out of 3 previous surgeries with no ill effects (my mind is kind with the memories) and this last surgery has been so difficult to get past. But, I can't change the history part now, I'm moving on from my new starting point.

thanks for the insight and support!

Georgia

Georgia, I had a rupture in 1988.. craniotomy. found 2 more aneurysms, another craniotomy. 4 clips total.. had headaches for years... however, (grew 3 more anuerysms over the years), had my 2nd rupture in 2011 which was coiled... 2013 they fixed the remaining two..pipeline. My headaches are significantly WORSE sine my coiling.. and have continued to this day. I'm "down" at least 5 days a month, all the other days, I definately have headaches as well. It's really affected my life, for the worse... I know I had headaches after the 1st go round, but, don't remember them taking me down like they do now. My vision, too, has definately changed.. not for the better either!!!

Hey Kimberly, thanks for the reply. Iā€™m sorry itā€™s been such a struggle for you through your multiple aneurysms too. I think Iā€™ve just started to accept my new ever changing vision as ā€œnormalā€ for what Iā€™ve been through. It certainly isnā€™t easy, but I suppose it could always be worse. Iā€™ll send good vibes your way :slight_smile:

I am actually in my neurosurgeons office right now, having had an MRI and MRA to help situate why I have been experiencing occular migraines after having 4 aneurysms coiled and stented, the 1st of which ruptured 9 months ago. I had 5 brain surgeries, via angiogram (thru my femoral artery in my hip)and I SURVIVED. =) They coiled/stented the rupture, and over the course of 7 months, coiled and stented the remaining unruptures. So, yes i am experiencing ocular migraines. Never had them before the aneurysm phase of my life that started a year ago. No pain, just visual inpairment where the entire left side of my left eye goes blindā€¦ not black, more grey/white/water looking obstruction in the entire left side of me left eye. Cant see anything i am actually looking at. It is a blindness with light. At 1st it starts off with triangles and kelidescope sort of vision, usually up at the top left corner of my eye eventually taking over a half moon crescent shape out of my vision. It passes within an hour. My neurosuurgeons office did mention the possibility of blood flow thru the stents possibly being an issueā€¦ Iā€™ll find out shortly. I am 38 years old and will follow up here after my surgeon comes into tell me what he may or may not have found on my MRI ans MRA scans which I had an hour ago. Good luck to you, and wish me luck tooā€¦