Positive outcome!

I hope this message will cheer all of you up. I just finished my 6.5 years follow-up. (Nov, 18, 2017)

My new doctor (relocation) said that MRA and CTA confirmed that my two clips are still in their right places and there is no residual blood flowing around. He said that I don’t have to worry about it for another 5 years. And, there is no other new aneurysm developing.

I am so grateful because every day is a blessing. I didn’t have ruptures but learned about my 8mm wide neck aneurysm incidentally. I wrote a thank-you note to the ER doctor who thought I had Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH) and so ordered a CTA. That marked my following whole year searching for solutions. I do not do well with aspirins, so I opted for craniotomy. God knows how many videos and websites I have watched and studied. In the end, I felt I was ready even to operate on myself. (crazy thought, because I could memorize the procedures I was watching.) I asked all the educated questions I learned from my info. I’ve visited 10 doctors (no kidding) all around the States.

I did find the best doctor, Dr. Lawton, at Pheonix Barrow Clinic at the end. Thought their ICU wasn’t that good, but the surgeons made up the difference. :slight_smile:

Though I couldn’t follow up with Dr. Lawton after 6 years, I am forever thankful to his teams.

I did have migraines for the good two to three years after the surgery. Now, I have migraines about a few times a year when the weather changes dramatically.

I feel for the ruptured friends because I can imagine how tough the recovery roads are for them. I pray that every one of you recover in time. Life is good when we are still breathing. There gotta be a reason for us to be around. Let us encourage each other.

Love you all,
Blessings,
Amy

4 Likes

Amy, this is fantastic news! I’ve moved it to its own topic hoping more members will read it. Your tenacity has always impressed me, keep it up!

1 Like

It’s a long overdue message. I read all the prior posts faithfully. Knowing that one day when I have the time, I shall share my message with you all for I have gained so much from this site. Thank you for your encouraging words.

2 Likes