Pipeline stent

Hello Capoole,
Just like Violette’s case and your feelings withyour up coming “surgery”. Just prepare your self on that day be positive. I know that it’s really easy to say than done, but i can tell that when we put our worries behind and just let God do his way to cure our ordeal.
Only God knows the way to fullfil our duties on earth.Keep your faith alive.
I’ll pray for your fast recovery.

LOVE LOTS
Maes

Hi Linda,

I see you had the pipeline stent done. They are saying I should do it… Do you recommend it after all these years? TY

Hi Deborah, I absolutely, unequivocally would say YES!

I was either 6th or7th in the tri-state area - PA, NJ, DE - to have the PED placed in June, 2011. It’ll be 8 years this coming June since my implant. I’ve had my 5 year angio and doc said the PED imbedded just like it was supposed to, into the internal carotid artery, which is where mine was just where it crossed with the ophthalmic artery. A clip would have blinded me, coils were tried and failed because of the wide”mouth” they couldn’t coil mine, and the size was 9 mm. I was literally putting my life in my doc’s hands because no one had even heard about the PED because it was FDA approved only 5 weeks prior so i literally put my faith in his delicate hands and the hands of God and it was a breeze. Ten days of aspirin and plavix prior - then plavix for 6 months, aspirin - 81mg - for life. I do have a small 2mm identical place opposite side of the ICA, but since I quit smoking immediately upon finding my annies - btw i have an older sister who had a craniotomy 1 year and 5 months prior to my PED. Funny thing, we were both 1 year and 3 months from our 50th birthdays. How’s that for irony?

That being said, of all the possible surgeries, the PED is by far the least invasive, the quickest recovery - I was admitted at 5 am, surgery was at 10am, in ICU overnight and in my own bed by noon the next day. The worse part I will say was the lying still, on your back, in a bed that had an alarm if you tried to move, it went off. I don’t know if they still do it that way and I really don’t come on this site anymore since they made such drastic changes to it, but your email hit my heart, and I knew you needed reassurance.

So please email me if you need further clarification.

But YES 7 and1/2 years later I’d do it all over again!

Best of luck and please reach out if you need me.

Linda

2 Likes

Linda,

Thank you so much for reaching out! It means so much. I have a 7mm its a periclinoid ICA in the cavernous sinus area. I go for my angiogram in a couple weeks and then surgery. IM nervous because Ive read some people have strokes and such… but after speaking with you I may go for it… Im going to Johns Hopkins and live in PA. Thank you for being here… I really appreciate the support… and yes, God is with me in this… Its a scary time…

Hello, I am a 13 year survivor of unruptured large sinus cavernous aneurysm on my carotid artery. 2005 I had 89 platinum coils. 2007 a neuroform stent, 2009 a few more coils. It never occluded. I could never go off the plavix re day 7 off the plavix I have back to back occular migraines. Once back on Plavix and asprin they stop. The past two years I have experienced on and off facial nerve pain and damage to my 3rd, 4th and 6th nerves causing eye palsy and tingling in my face. My doctor wants to put a pipeline stent over the neuroform stent. In hopes this will help the palsy or stop it if it occludes after the stent. Has anyone had a pipeline stent put over their neuroform stent? I heard it could shift, and they might have to put in a second one later. I went to Barnes in St. Louis for a second opinion and they agreed with my doctor. I am 60, I just want to make it to retirement and be able to enjoy it.

Nice to see all is well my friend!

1 Like

Hi Denise nice to see you back ! Take care

Hi Linda how are you this is Giovanni!
For some time I did not find anymore the web site I do not know what happened.
I m very happy to Heard from you…long time you rea ch 8 years , last week I reached 10 years of Ped implanted ! Take care !! Kisess

Hello,
First post. Great forum.

I was diagnosed with a 4mm (small) aneurysm last November. Random find at a walk in clinic because I was having flu like symptoms with a headache for about a week. Headache wasn’t related but got a ct scan anyways.

Have a 2 pipeline stent put in about three weeks ago in Boston, MA. Had a slight headache for about a week but doing better. From November to the procedure I worried a lot about the aneurysm. Put me in a tailspin with anxiety as well. All I can say is stay off the doctor google. Most of them are extreme cases and happen to a small amount of people. Procedure is very straightforward and nothing to worry about.

If you ever need anyone to talk with PM me (new to the forum, but very motivated to spread education on this process).

Nick

Nick, first congrats on successful procedure and recovery! We don’t encourage PMs here as we all need to share information and experience. You might want to start a new post

Hi Linda, Glad this site is up and running again, minus many, many great info. It helped in my recovery-2015 as I knew nothing but: felt like hit with a baseball bat in right/head, vision gone oh and lets not forget the dizziness and uncontrolled vomiting. I thought I was dying. Lucky me, ambulance took me to MGH in Boston and Dr.Patel later put in 2 telescope PEDs in my wide-neck, 18mm or so Aneurysm. Oh had another on left side he took care of later.
Keep up the great work Moderators…this site saved my sanity!!

My stent is 50% narrowing has yours narrowed any at all I had my stent put in last year

Hi, what do you mean by narrowing? Did your annie size decrease? I’m getting a pipeline stent next week.