Pipeline stent

Sorry I meant my procedure was May 2017.

I had a Pipeline stent placed in May of 2017 as well. I was supposed to have a follow up Angiogram in November but a MRA showed that the aneurysm is not occluded. The MRA was done because I was diagnosed with Fibromuscular Dysplasia. My Doctor who did the PED surgery now wants to wait 6 more months. The MRA showed it smaller but not much smaller than what it was in the beginning. Iā€™m wondering if I should get another opinion. This is all so stressful.

I know Sharon, it is all very stressful!! I believe getting a second opinion is never a bad idea. Hang in there and keep asking questions until you get answers. But stay calm!! Stressing out just makes everything worse!

Hi . Im having an angio gram Friday. Have a fusiform on Communcation and over last 7 yrs is growing so something needs to be done. Im hoping for a stent no an operationā€¦ Very worried. Im 48

How do I find your group?

Hi, and sorry for anyone who didnā€™t get a response from me. My PED group, and all of its valuable information was deleted when this new ā€œsiteā€ was erected.

Good luck to everyone!

Linda Z.

1 Like

Hi Cfreitag,
Hope your surgery went well. I had my 5 year MRI done in September 2016 and Dr. Jabbour said 8 just need an MRA in 3 years.
Best wishes.
Linda

Hey Linda my surgery went well I had the pipeline stent put in June 27 2017 I had a lot of floaters and stars I seen for a few weeks but that has cleared. I had some minor headaches in beginning. I feel really good I do not get headaches like I used to. I go in for my 6 month mra next week and my Angio in January in which I am so scared I just hope everything worked like itā€™s suppose to and I am suppose to get off plavicks If All goes well

with Pipeline stent do you have to take medicine?

Hi everyone. My surgery date for the stent is Thursday, April 5th and Iā€™m terrified. Well, Iā€™m anxious, excited, ready to be past the operation, primarily impatient for the day to be here. Basically, very emotional.

I am a 30 year old mother of two young kids, and the aneurysm was an incidental finding after a car accident, and itā€™s pretty much rocked me these past two months. I just had the angiogram last Wednesday and itā€™s a 9mm wide neck aneurysm, and the dr has determined that we will be putting in a stent.

Tips and tricks to get past these next couple weeks? To prepare? It has been a very difficult time, and havenā€™t the slightest idea what to expect.

Yes I had two pipeline devices placed in same spot. That was done in 2013.

Hello Violette, nice name! April is just 8 days ahead no need to get ā€œterrifiedā€, all you have to do is to prepare your mind,body and soul on this.
as to what you said it was an incidental finding after your car accident. but i guess its much better this soon to know you have an Annie, than not knowing and just like mine ruptured Annie that i have no idea what,where and how to get through it then. but with Godā€™s Mercy I survive it and until now alive and sharing some things /tips and lot more just to tell that thereā€™s life after Surgery on Annie. we have to be a Warrior on facing this and never to worry because God is with us all through our battles in life.hope I help you.

LOVE LOTS
Maes

Thank you, Maes. I definitely recognize the blessing of finding it now before rupturing. It was just such incredibly shocking news and I have had a hard time dealing with it. I start the blood thinners today to prep for surgery on the 5th, and itā€™s all feeling real now. One week!

Kind of same boat. Diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Angiogram last Tuesday. I meet with surgeon Wednesday, hopefully will have pipeline soon. But Iā€™m terrified

I just had my surgery on Thursday, 04/06, and honestly, Iā€™m having very minor headaches, and minimal pain. Iā€™m resting cautiously because the drs said to really take it easy the first week, but I am feeling great. Better than the angiogram, truly, since they pumped me with IV fluid that helped to flush the contrast dye. I will say, that the Plavix and aspirin combo did make it difficult for me to stop bleeding at the groin, and after serious pressure at the sight, they were able to stop the bleeding that evening, and I have been especially careful with the incision until Iā€™m sure itā€™s fully healed. I am 30, so I donā€™t know if my age has made he recovery easier, but I had a very positive experience thus far. Best to you.

Thank you. May I ask where yours was located. Best of luck for a speedy recovery

9mm wideneck aneurysm on the right carotid terminus. Had no idea it was there, found completely incidentally. Very grateful.

Mine was completely incidentally too. 7mm right ica near ophthalmic artery

I can say that I am grateful now that the surgery is behind me. The past two months were absolutely terrifying. I have two young kids, and a wonderful life, and it was so hard to not look at the diagnosis as a ā€œdeath sentenceā€. I felt there was a ticking bomb in my head, as many others describe feeling. Youā€™re so fortunate to have found it before it has the chance to rupture is the truth. Keep us posted!

I will. Thanks