New member to this group

Hi Robert,

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It is great that you have such great outlook. May the luck see you pass 3 years and then some.

Robert Kraft said:

I myself servived a blown anurism on Feb, 10th 2011 , my speech was fair but slurred some , my mind back then worked fine but slower. I am what you call a computer nut now , I play demanding tactical games . But I still mess up when trying to text or write something like this , I always make some sort of a mistake , thank god for spell checker. Always remember this you are alive , and yes I am disabled , but not because of my anurism

I found out in August 2014 I had Stage 4 Lung Cancer , I just past the 8th month mark , that is where 50% of Stage 4 Dies , it looks like I might get lucky and have 2-3 years left . And I feel that I have been very blessed . So continue to fight by using your head for difficult games or even just write a novel , keep that brain busy.

Robert

Hi,

I too suffered a ruptered annie in 2001 and had a coiling.....i have also had 2 stents put into the base of another in 2013....and have 3 untreated annies...i had to give up my job as a lab tech in 2002 permanantly...i can get around ok , memory is poor..eyesight very poor and hearing very very poor due to damage from the leak....in 2001.....i also decided to leave a 30 yr marriage that yr leaving everything behind me...am now living in council owned house with very little to spare but am contented even though its a struggle..my daughter also has untreated annie..my brother died in 2003 from an untreated annie...he refused to be tested and in my family they are hereditary ..14 in all had them.....it gets better..i play memory games onlime to improve my focus..i walk sometime having to use an aid as i have arthritas and i find that very frustrating...just try to make a long term plan..i know the social protection is diff in diff countries so i don't know what to say about that...i wish i did......but as far as annies concerned use them in a positive way.....do the best you can to stay strong and healthy and positive..God Bless youxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to this community! I hope you get some much needed support through the aneurysm friends! It's a tough road but hang in there. It's been almost 18 years since my aneurysm and it took a good year before my headaches and fatigue had diminished. However it's different for everybody. I worked for a writer at the time of my aneurysm and he was wonderful and would let me take lots of breaks and even naps. But I found I would read the same thing constantly and not comprehend it. Don't try to multitask too much. 6 months out is a tough time, you are so ready for normal, need to make a living but cant go back to your old job. You will find something, you are a survivor!! I was living alone when I had my aneurysm and had to rely on my faith in my doctors that I wasn't going to have another aneurysm during the night. Finding a roommate might help with not only your financial situation but if you're having any health anxiety.

Hang in there!

Hi, I hope that you are making some progress toward healing. It is a lonely journey, made more difficult by a loss of confidence and independence. I read all of the helpful advice you were given here and thought about your sister's life saving intuition. I hope that she is able to continue to offer you support. The very practical issues of housing and disability assistance should be addressed immediately. Is there a social worker at your hospital, friend, family or pastoral counselor who can advocate for you? The life you've known has been disrupted, but you have met the biggest challenge and survived! I remember feeling so fragile and tentative. I had an unruptured aneurysm, clipped in October 2008. I've made a good recovery, am very active and worked to get the hospital to start a support group, which was not available when I was discharged. I am amazed that I didn't realize that I needed more help in my recovery. Do not hesitate to ask for help. Best wishes, Bonny

Time and patience will help as everyone says. Have you thought about a GoFund Me account? People use them for raising money for trips, weddings and I am sure for medical issues. You have to explain why you are asking for money, but you have here already. Please keep in touch. Good luck and prayers .

Good Evening NCoh15:

I am Miguel Rodríguez, from Veracruz, México.

I had my Aneurysm on the 7th September, 2011, and -as you- I had a surgery to put some staples on my Aneurysm. Sincé then, I have been wondering and I am sure that I am still here for one reason.

In the meantime, I'm making my therapy work: resolving puzles, tic tac toe, and other games, in order to enforce my brain cells. Yes, is very hard to face all of this, I mean, to asking 2 or 3 times the same, to memorize (try) a route or a simple supermarket list, but, belive me, with confidence in God, it is posible to do it, and keep walking on.

My best wishes to you and, when you fell sad or afraid, just pray and our Lord will show you the answer.

If I can help you in other way, let me know it.

With my best wishes:

Miguel Rodríguez S.