Introduction

What a wonderful story!! Bless you and your mother!

Thanks for sharing! It should encourage us not to give up. Not all recoveries are like that, but we rejoice with those who do experience it. I pray for a good outcome and quick in April.

Fantastic story. It’s so easy to fall into negativity, but good results happen too. Thank you for sharing.

So amazing and wonderfully uplifting to hear the story of your mom's survival - it serves as a reminder to all of us survivors how grateful we all need to be - regardless of the road we have been forced to take and may struggle with for the rest of our lives! It is wonderful to meet you too and your mom is certainly blessed to have a daughter such as you! Keep us posted!

Thanks for sharing your story. I love to see anyone join BAF. I always wonder how everyone got to this site. What were they searching for to end up here? I did some searching when my aneurysm was found in August and I'm so grateful I did. This is where everyone understands you in a way no one else can. It's so helpful to hear what caregivers and loved ones are going through. It helps me and maybe all of us understand them too.

I have to say I am shocked and terrified that the machine that was going to do the coiling failed. That's truly frightening. Is it possible it can fail during the operation too? Wow, you just never know.

It is truly a miracle that your mother is doing as well as she is. I bet you can't even put into words what you went through at first when faced with that decision regarding your mothers wishes. My husband and I had that discussion and we both know we don't want to be on machines. When faced with this, if it becomes a reality, I imagine, like you, that our emotions get in the way fiercely and we must just want to hold on to our loved one a little longer. When do you know when that time is? Thank God you had that "gut" feeling and waited for a while.

I've read many stories like yours, and Barbara above, whose relationships with loved ones improved and changed in a positive way. My husband and I and the whole role reversal thing did ok. He was wonderful in every way. It was awkward at first when I was feeling better how and what and when and who would now do what when and for how long. We've pretty much transitioned back so that things feel almost normal again. We came through it. I wish I could have stories of my children and I having better relationships. Initially, they were concerned. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters were there while I was in the operating room. My son and family live out of town so they couldn't be there. They both called my husband daily at first. My daughter continued calling until she came over to visit 13 days later, stayed for about 10 minutes and then stopped calling after that. Did she see I was ok and went back to her life? Was she frightened and couldn't handle anymore? I don't know but I do know that it hasn't changed anything now. We didn't get closer. She'll say "be careful mom" when we're together which has been a handful of times. So be grateful as I see you are and I hope your relationship with your mom, your best friend, goes on forever. You're an amazing daughter and friend to put your life on hold and care for her. Good luck and I'll be looking for your posts.

Take care,

Jeannine

thank you, tc xoxo

Thank you all SO, SO very much for your wonderfully kind words. I haven't been able to visit my mom the last few days due to some nasty winter weather here, but when I see her later today, I am going to read all of your responses to her. She mentioned to me the other day that she would love to meet/hear from others who have experienced what she has, so I am certain all of your comments and stories will brighten her day! I will be more than happy to keep all of you posted on her progress and her additional surgery. Blessings and well wishes to each and every one of you, and thank you so very, very much again.

There is strength in numbers. :)

What a wonderful story, so happy to hear your Mom is doing well. She has proved she is a fighter and she will do great in April! God Bless

what hospital did this miracle happen ? my husband went thur d same scenario as yr mum except that the Annie ruptured during surgery . he is totally dependent , paralyzed with severe respiratory problems . we take it day by day . he is only 54 and this happened 4 years ago

Effes, that is really a rough situation. Have you joined our Cargiver Support Community? I think it would be helpful to you. There is a link to it in the right hand column.

Thank you soo very much for sharing your inspirational story. I sincerely wish that Mom recovery continue to move forward…as for you go get your PhD . Be bless !

Terri