Infundibulum in Anterior Communicating Artery?

Anyone ever went in to have angiogram for an aneurysm and then to come back and tell you it was a infundibulum? I went in today with the anticipation of getting my aneurysm on Anterior Communicating Artery coiled but they said that it was an infundibulum which is very rare in this artery and that he would do a CTA in a year to make sure it hasn’t changed? Anyone?

1 Like

Good morning! I moved your post from the BAF topic to General…I know we’ve had a few members with an infundibulum, I hope they post. Remember that some may not be in the USA, we have a great many throughout the globe…give them time…

1 Like

Hi Prissy-My sister went for an MRI two weeks ago because I had/have an ACA that was clipped last December. The results were a s 3mm. ACA and a infundibulum. She will be seeing the local Neurosurgeon and on to Duke early October. I’ll let you know what they say.

1 Like

Yes, please let me know what they tell her, I would love to hear what they say!! I am glad to hear that you are doing ok after your surgery :heart:

2 Likes

Will do!

1 Like

Thank you Prissy! I am doing alright with some cognitive mostly memory issues along with some livable differences post op.The thought of the unclipped 3mm carotid and the discovery of two new tiny ones on each side of the clipped 8mm long neck does concern me I hope when I see my two endovascular surgeons in November, I will have more to share.
My sister will have a local appointment next week with a visit with the Duke Neuro the second week of November. If she doesn’t feel comfortable with these two opinions off to New York Presbyterian Hospital where I had my craniotomy last Dec. 9th. Drs. Connolly and Levine saved my life.

1 Like