Brain Aneurysm Support Community

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

I was doing some research about alternative therapies after brain hemorrhage. I came across Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, which involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized room or tube.

I found an old post from 2011 about it but it but there is not much information about it.

Has anyone tried this kind of therapy. What were the results?

Could it be dangerous in any way?

Wacky, I have known a few members to try this therapy after brain injury, and no one has reported significant improvement yet. I believe there is a risk of seizures, as well. All therapies should be approved by your neurosurgeon, for your safety.

Wacky ..that one is easy to locate on line...

MedlinePlus.... Mayo Clinic and more...

Medline notes the air pressure inside a hyperbaric oxygen chamber is apx 2.5 times higher than the normal pressure in the atmosphere... which helps your blood carry more oxygen to organs and tissues in your body...and lists which wounds may heal more quickly...

Of high interest to me (thanks for generating this one)...Medline notes radiation injury (for example, damage from radiation therapy [./001918.htm] for cancer)

Sherri L began the Resource Section on Radiation...and, still doing some comparison of the various website data on radiation...on angios - all the repeats (follow ups)... a/w/a the CT/A, other rad procedures...and in the time frames of these procedures.

Some of us were given CTA-full body w/in 7-10 days of multiple (excessive?) angios w/in 50 hours or so...and, multiple CTs and whatever else...

Reviewing those websites will help you in your questions to ask your doc...and, I hope for your feedback/ update to help the rest of us...