How many in your family suffer from aneurysm's?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I am new. As a parent it is very hard to see one your kids go through something like this. My wife and I are trying to learn all we can and I found this site and thought we needed to be part of it so we could share and learn as much as we can and maybe help other people with these situations.

Originally back in August 2010 he was complaining of headaches so we had a CT scan done and it came back negative/nothing wrong. (big misdiagnosis there) and they just played it off as migraines. They prescribed him Napricin(?) which I am told is a no-no for aneurysms. But the headaches continued off and on (only when running/playing hard) so we had an MRI done in January 2011 where they found the aneurysm. His surgery was just a little over a week ago and it was successfully removed. He is back home now and doing good. What we find amazing is he had 8 1/2 hours of surgery on a Tuesday and sitting in my living room on Friday at 3:00 pm.

Hi Jeff and Welcome...

God Bless your child...he it is truly a survivor and so are his caretakers...hence, you and your wife...glad he is doing good...

My story is similar...long story short...cat scan showed nothing...but MRI/MRA showed a big annie on my basilar tip...had my surgery in November...

One thing about healing...it is different for everyone and a long journey...I am 46 years old...and have some other health issues that have made things not so great at times...others are older and have much worse health issues and have struggled to heal...I like to think at 9 years old...he will heal beautiful and quickly...

Have a Beautiful day...and Cherish each moment...Colleen

Thank you Colleen. I hope everything continues well for you as well. His aneurysm was on the left main carotid artery just above where the vein shoots off to the eye.

I believe that we are all survivors!!

I have learned through reading that a lot of times aneurysms are missed on CT scans, I guess due to the fact that they are inside an artery/vessel? Though they did find my Mother's through a CT scan.....makes no sense...

I think that we just have to be persistent with our doctor's when our gut tells us that something is wrong and they tell us we are fine.