Brain Aneurysm Support Community

Hello everyone

Here is my one month update after Coil and PED and stroke....

I stayed at home for one week after the procedure and then returned to work full time.

I still have trouble with panic attacks sometimes and my writing skills have

suffered as well. I take speech therapy and it seems to help a little with my memory.

My mother is a health 92 year old lady living in Germany. For years I have visited

her over the Thanksgiving holidays and decided that this year was no exception.

So, I put my big girl panties on and braved all the crowds and got on that 11 hour plane to Germany

I am so happy I did, only had a small panic attack, but, talked myself out of it.

Life is good thanks to my supportive husband, friends, coworkers and

children. I will not let this defeat me, no way no how..........

0 Likes

What great news, Christa! It takes guts to do what you did, but having done it, you must really have a feeling of victory!

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Seenie

PS I hope you don't mind my moving your post to our Success Stories board.

0 Likes

Christa...congratulations on your courage in your decision...your and success of your trip...enjoy your time with your mother...wishes to you an enjoyable time and successful trip home...

0 Likes

Congratulations Christa! That was huge! And I bet your Mom was overjoyed to see you. You're a tough lady!

0 Likes

Christa! Girl I am so proud of you! You get many, many kudos!

0 Likes

What a fantastic story to read for others who have upcoming operations. You sound like you are doing well!

0 Likes

I'm sure this was a big step for you, and that you truly enjoyed your visit with your Mom.

0 Likes

Good for you Christa. That's an awesome story!

Mark

0 Likes

Your post gives me hope. I am so glad you were able to endure your flight!

0 Likes